Best time.to buy winter stuff

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I know we are coming out of winter. Thank god! However I am wondering when is the best time to buy winter stuff? There is alot of sales going on at the moment... however I aren' sure if I should wait til summer..

If you don't NEED it then don't buy it! Realistically you've just moved into your first place so until you've been there a few months I wouldn't be making any unnecessary purchases even if they are a bargain, you don't know what expenses will crop up that you haven't budgeted for. There can't be much horsey stuff that you really need, so leave the bargains alone.

Today I found some Ariat Windemeres reduced to £110 online, they only had one size left and it was my size, not only that it's a 5.5 and half sizes are difficult to come buy in the cheaper sort of boot that I usually buy so it just seemed too good an opportunity to miss. I did really need the boots though, and I have been searching for a bargain for a little while. That's my mode de operandi these days - I deliberately try to avoid the tack shop sales, which are usually rubbish and I end up picking up something that I don't really need because it's reduced. I just keep trawling the internet for things that I do need, until I find a bargain. It takes weeks or months sometimes!

Having said that, if I'd found a bargain like @Mary Poppins' I would have snapped it up because I know I'd use a winter coat, and I'd never pay ridiculous money for one.

Today I found some Ariat Windemeres reduced to £110 online, they only had one size left and it was my size, not only that it's a 5.5 and half sizes are difficult to come buy in the cheaper sort of boot that I usually buy so it just seemed too good an opportunity to miss. I did really need the boots though, and I have been searching for a bargain for a little while. That's my mode de operandi these days - I deliberately try to avoid the tack shop sales, which are usually rubbish and I end up picking up something that I don't really need because it's reduced. I just keep trawling the internet for things that I do need, until I find a bargain. It takes weeks or months sometimes!

Having said that, if I'd found a bargain like @Mary Poppins' I would have snapped it up because I know I'd use a winter coat, and I'd never pay ridiculous money for one.

I bought a pair last week from Eileen Douglas tackshops via ebay. I love them! I had a pair years ago and they lasted ages. Plus I love the fact they aren't just a yard boot you can ride in them too. I just can't bring myself to wear mine yet - too much mud here:pthey'll come out in summer:D

Reactions: Bodshi
I need a new winter jacket. Mine is now 12 years old and is finally dying a death.

So going to wait until end of March and get a few deals :) Don’t really need anything for Kia so I tend not to buy unless I need it. I take good care of my stuff so I tend to not have to replace things that often.

That weatherbeeta fusion Kia has on I bought not long after I bought him, same with his blue heavyweight orican it’s almost been there since I bought him as well.

What I really need is a rain sheet for him this summer so that will probably be my only purchase rugs wise this year

I bought a pair last week from Eileen Douglas tackshops via ebay. I love them! I had a pair years ago and they lasted ages. Plus I love the fact they aren't just a yard boot you can ride in them too. I just can't bring myself to wear mine yet - too much mud here:pthey'll come out in summer:D

Yes, mine will be 'for best' - I've ruined my current boots by walking the dog in them - turns out that wading through 4 or 5 miles of sticky mud and puddles every day does kill them in the end :eek: My feet were getting wet and I thought I might just have to waterproof them again but when I cleaned the mud off there was a split in the leather..

I thought of you when I was ordering the Ariats - I knew you liked them so I thought they'd be ok!

Reactions: Trewsers
I need a new winter jacket. Mine is now 12 years old and is finally dying a death.

So going to wait until end of March and get a few deals :) Don’t really need anything for Kia so I tend not to buy unless I need it. I take good care of my stuff so I tend to not have to replace things that often.

That weatherbeeta fusion Kia has on I bought not long after I bought him, same with his blue heavyweight orican it’s almost been there since I bought him as well.

What I really need is a rain sheet for him this summer so that will probably be my only purchase rugs wise this year
My winter coat I got for £20. Three in one Gelert. Unwanted present so not even used.

Reactions: MrC
I keep cleaning my new wellies. Took a week to get them wet. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com