Big Horse Rescue In The Netherlands, very sad video with happy ending

That was fabulous, thanks for putting that on.

It takes some guts to ride your own horse out into those waters and then have so many horses follow you back, guts and implicit trust in your horse

Kath x

thats what i thought when i see it implicit trust in the horses and they did need some guts taking them all back with them!

You have to admire the skill of the women who did it. It was lovely seeing all those horses charging onto dry land at the end. Annoying that our computer makes the videos keep sticking tho!!

aww thats so sad :(
i hate to think that those poor things were craped on that tiny bit of land for about 4 days or so with no food or no water :'(
i think i would have swam if any of my lot were on there :p
i feel so bad for the unlucky ones that didnt make it

Wow

its amazing how they all stuck together on that one island then followed each other into the water!!! Mother Nature!!! WOW Some horses look so tied and warn out but they kept going, following the one in front......

Thanks for showing me this... i think it shows how amazing horses really are!!

It's so sad that 18 horses lost their lives but you know, stuff like this happens. It ended up really happy and I send congrats to the survivors and the people who went out to save them and the people who fed them!

Puzzles - they didn't think of it 4 days earlier because the water was way too deep.

Funny I was just thinking about this today - I'm really glad it was bumped up so I could see it again! Just amazing - nothing those women do on their horses will ever match up to that - they will be telling their grandchildren and showing them the video!

the rescue was fantastic and the video is great. Sadly those horses wernt peoples riding horses though, they were farmed for the meat trade and went to market shortly afterwards :(

newrider.com