Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Birmingham Livery

Discussion in 'Professional Services and Livery' started by TwoDaysTooLate, Jan 11, 2018.

1. TwoDaysTooLate

Hi,
    As a student in the sixth form I'm having to consider uni options (which is beyond terrifying) and have encountered a scholarship programme to Birmingham university, which I am keen to apply for! However, I am a horse owner, and would have to take him to uni with me. Does anyone know of any grass/diy/part/assisteddiy livery yards in and around Birmingham? I am going to be able to drive, so further out isn't too much of an issue!
    Thank you,
    Julia :)

2. GaryB

GaryB Well-Known Member

Driving in and out from Birmingham University will take a while! I would think from there you will be looking at areas such as Alvechurch, Wythall, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Clent, Belbroughton. They are to the South and South West.

There is a facebook group called Livery yards around Worcestershire which seems to be quite active. The only ones I can name are Longlands (mostly DIY I think) at Tardebigge Redditch, Alcott farm, and Skilts Farm, Redditch, Dordale livery, Belbroughton. There is also a place in Bromsgrove where I used to keep my horse which is DIY only which I can give you the number for if things move on. The SW areas tend to be a bit cheaper.

The local tack shops (who will probably know about local livery) are:
    Jackie Roberts saddlery (Clent)
    Hungry Horse (Earlswood)
    Earlswood Equine

This should give you some pointers but feel free to ask further. I live just South of Birmingham, but my horse Harvey is out to the East of Birmingham which I think will be too far from the University

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties