Bit of an odd one, foam risers under saddles

In the past we have used sheets of fibregree for horses who have needed their backs and muscles building up. As the back recovered we would take them out sheet by sheet. Well worth doing, and a flexible way of rehabbing the horse.

Just had a google and found that, does it end up packing down like padded saddle cloths and going thinner under the points? Or does it stay pretty solid? Also, how durable is it in harsh weather and horse sweat? Thanks :D

Fybagee is a good short term option but not sure how well it stands up to use. I work only with Mattes correction numnahs (four pockets so have other uses as well) and they have firm felt shims, just a few mm thick so you can layer and scuplt them.

If you get the wrong foam (and I think this is true to a certain extent with most foams) it could bounce and be unstable, and be very sweaty compare with something like cotton or sheepskin.

Fybagee is a good short term option but not sure how well it stands up to use. I work only with Mattes correction numnahs (four pockets so have other uses as well) and they have firm felt shims, just a few mm thick so you can layer and scuplt them.

If you get the wrong foam (and I think this is true to a certain extent with most foams) it could bounce and be unstable, and be very sweaty compare with something like cotton or sheepskin.

Thanks, it would be heavy ish use so maybe the fibregee would end up being a waste :/ Am on quite the budget and they aren't my horses so the mattes pads, as fab as they are, would probs be out of my range. Thanks though :)

newrider.com