Blessed

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
A beautiful one hour hack with Buddy in the sun, though bitterly cold. He was happy and engaged and we had a lovely time. We are blessed that we can still do this, I am so sorry for those whose horses have major issues - we are so lucky to still be going despite his age.

Appreciate them while you can.

A beautiful one hour hack with Buddy in the sun, though bitterly cold. He was happy and engaged and we had a lovely time. We are blessed that we can still do this, I am so sorry for those whose horses have major issues - we are so lucky to still be going despite his age.

Appreciate them while you can.
Wonderful thread, after all you’ve battled through lately I’m so pleased to read your lovely post, you can positively feel your lifted spirits.

I am so pleased that you are having fun with Buddy. I love to read about people enjoying their horses and think we need more of these types of threads.

I haven’t ridden for a few days as I wanted the bute to get into Ben’s system, but I will get on today and am determined to make the most of things. He is still here, hopefully he is more comfortable now he has the drugs, so onwards we go. x

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
I am so pleased that you are having fun with Buddy. I love to read about people enjoying their horses and think we need more of these types of threads.

I haven’t ridden for a few days as I wanted the bute to get into Ben’s system, but I will get on today and am determined to make the most of things. He is still here, hopefully he is more comfortable now he has the drugs, so onwards we go. x

Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Huggy
The old boy has lost a bit over his ribs, otherwise seems to have come out of winter fine. Back in work most days, so hopefully will regain the topline and muscle he has lost. Continuing to plant in the garden.20200407_095152.jpg20200407_094429.jpg20200407_094424.jpg20200407_094338.jpg20200407_094347.jpg20200407_094402.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Trewsers
Have i missed an update @Mary Poppins. Have you only just started ben on bute. I know you were talking about it a couple of weeks ago. Or have you only just managed to get the bute.

Buddy off colour, vet been. He has lost 20kg, heart ok, gut ok, thinks his copd has kicked in and may be more of an effort for him to breath, so working harder. Giving him vick on nose mask plus something in his feed to open airways, up his danilon, week off then see. Sound. OK if we flexion tested him and trotted up and circled he would be lame, but he is sound on a straight line which is what he needs to be. Recommends keeping him in gentle work once he is feeling right.

Interestingly Little Un was coughing a bit this morning and had slightly flared nostrils. The tree pollens are high at the moment and my hayfever is playing up too, I could cheerfully scratch my eyes out. My vet says if they can tolerate light work it's the best thing for them though.

Out of interest has Buddy been tested for PPID? Sorry if he's already on meds for it, I can't always keep who's on what straight.

Interestingly Little Un was coughing a bit this morning and had slightly flared nostrils. The tree pollens are high at the moment and my hayfever is playing up too, I could cheerfully scratch my eyes out. My vet says if they can tolerate light work it's the best thing for them though.

Out of interest has Buddy been tested for PPID? Sorry if he's already on meds for it, I can't always keep who's on what straight.
He was retested for cushings last month and was totally clear, vet said today very low score for a veteran, he grunted/coughed a bit when I was putting his boots on, as I planned to walk him out in hand, so I just took boots off and called vet. He is ridden in nose nets all year around, his head shaking tends to be a bit later on but think this is what it is,

Reactions: carthorse
Hogans breathing a bit heavy too. I put it down to pollen and heat - this is pretty exceptional here - 21° for nearly a week, and he's still got a lot of coat. Hope buddy picks up.

Hogans breathing a bit heavy too. I put it down to pollen and heat - this is pretty exceptional here - 21° for nearly a week, and he's still got a lot of coat. Hope buddy picks up.
the main thing worrying me was the fact can see his ribs quite clearly, never have before. and the weight drop. so fingers crossed he will bounce backj

the main thing worrying me was the fact can see his ribs quite clearly, never have before. and the weight drop. so fingers crossed he will bounce backj
Oh I hope so - hopefully that spring grass will plump him up. If it's any comfort, Hogan has started the head shaking early too - his masks are out of mothballs and on early this year!

newrider.com