Blooming weather

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
After the frosts where we had no water for five days, we now have flooding. The field drain blocked so all the water had backed up onto the yard, 18 inches deep in places. Just spent the last 2 hours clearing the drains, pulling out haylage and mud to get the channel flowing again - sadly it flows into the winter field where the comtois two are....

Just put what I was wearing into the wash as soaked to skin! Happy days.

We have two days of nasty heavy rain forecast - boo hiss. Still nowhere near as bad as where we used to live though. I was only thinking this morning that it's not often I have a three coat day - as in peed wet through continuously! Sorry you have flooding @diplomaticandtactful

We have two days of nasty heavy rain forecast - boo hiss. Still nowhere near as bad as where we used to live though. I was only thinking this morning that it's not often I have a three coat day - as in peed wet through continuously! Sorry you have flooding @diplomaticandtactful

It's clearing now from the yard but will lie in the field instead....we have the same forecast as you....

Really foul today - gale force and bucketing down. Feel for poor old Ramsey, but he's too daft to want cover, and so no point in stabling him as he'll just have a hissy. The dog just looked at me like I was mental and said nuh-uh when I opened the door for a walk. Looks like no riding this weekend. :(

Last Friday it snowed most of the day. This Friday it peed with rain all day. The fields are very soggy here at the moment.

It's rubbish isn't it? Raf is feeling a bit better and I was looking forward to having a little ride out on him tomorrow but we're forecast 50+ mph winds and rain, so it won't be enjoyable even if we do make it out.

Hmm it's pants here too. I was looking forward to nipping into town for some steak. Sadly not meant to be! No way am I risking it, the Churchills will be closed anyway and I'd hate to get stuck. The girls are in, Zi is hanging about outside their houses, he needs to be in tonight. It's one of those "drunken can't stand up winds" here today:pI made the mistake of leaving a feed bowl. It blew down into the veg patch and impaled itself.

Reactions: Huggy
Well, I'm sick of standing our bins back up! But despite the wind I thought I'd take Raf for a little walk down the road, only he felt so good we ended up going for a proper little hack. It was a struggle to keep him in walk and in fact we cantered all the way on the track over the fields, just so he could let some steam off. Didn't particularly work though, he was absolutely full of it and I was in the bareback pad too, but it was such fun I didn't want to go home. It's been a while ...05E3F1CF-C6CC-42F3-B041-F6BEB6207617.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I'm sick of standing our bins back up! But despite the wind I thought I'd take Raf for a little walk down the road, only he felt so good we ended up going for a proper little hack. It was a struggle to keep him in walk and in fact we cantered all the way on the track over the fields, just so he could let some steam off. Didn't particularly work though, he was absolutely full of it and I was in the bareback pad too, but it was such fun I didn't want to go home. It's been a while ...View attachment 96943

Aw look at his gorgeous small head there:)So delicate and elegant he is.

Reactions: Bodshi and Huggy
newrider.com