Bobbin and Bry are on the move

G

I can tell you now what has been stressing me out.....finances took another turn for the worse due to unforseen circumstances in the last week!!
So Bry and I will be moving yards next weekend, I didn't want to say anything untill I had told my YO as I know people from my yard occassionally come on here and didn't want her to find out from anybody else.
We're moving closer to home, which will make things alot cheaper in the winter as it's 10 mins from work and close to home so no battling with rush hour traffic as much.
It's a smaller yard about 20 liveries I think, it has a small indoor school, all year turn out and huge looseboxes. It's in the sticks so I think the hacking is good and access to some gallops!
I'll be closer to Dummer and Drummer so I can box Bry out for lessons and hacks, I can also hire a big indoor school 5 mins up the road and I'll be having a freelance instructor in to teach me.
I am a little apprehensive about another move but hopefully this will be the last one and I can get myself back on track once and for all and maybe leave my Grady ghosts at the present yard.
I'm upset as I have to leave some good friends who supported me during the hard times I had with Grady and my best hacking bud Gordo but I am going to box Bry over so we can still hack and hopefully vice versa.
I feel that this is just another chapter in my horsey life, my current yard has taught me so much so hopefully I am better equipped to deal with a move than I was.

Good luck to you. It makes much more sense moving to somewhere closer it will save so much more time and money. I turned down a fabby place near new home because it was too much petrol money driving around.

Fingers crossed hope everything goes well!!!

Sorry to here that Bobbin some times moving yards is the best thing you can do. Good Luck with it all and remember things happen for a reason ! :)

Great way to look at it, a new chapter in your horsey life. Don't be sad, be excited. I'm sure you will stay in touch with alot of your friends and make some new ones too. I hope it all works out for the best, good luck :)

I must admit I am worried that I won't be able to cope and that Bry will change the way Grady did, it feels like history is repeating itself.
Please tell me I'll be ok:eek:

You'll be fine, don't worry. I moved to a yard closer to home in March (albeit I was there previously) but it has made such a difference for me having her nearer. Firstly it is working out cheaper for me and secondly I am spending more time with my horse, which is an added bonus.

I was just saying to my mum the other day that I thought someone has stolen my horse and replaced her with a more laid back one! Honestly, since the move she has been so relaxed it's unreal :) I have moved her 3 times and each time she has definitely settled in a lot quicker than I did. They can sometimes surprise you. Just keep to your usual routine and don't lose to much sleep thinking about it :)

youl be ok, sorry to hear the news but gully gave you a kiss back for the one you gave him and he is in a lovely new field with lots of lucious grass, all the best of luck from me beano and gully:D

Glad you did it babe. Was it as bad as you anticipated?? Not bathing Gordo again as it obviously brings on the rain!!!

It will no doubt be a scary time Bobbin, but I bet it will be exciting too.. you will probably find that Bry will chill out and be EVEN more laid back on a smaller yard.. and despite it being smaller, it sounds like you will have all the facilites you'll need!

Try to relax and enjoy it.... as you say, new chapter!:D

Thank Beanz mum, glad my gully is filling his belly!!

Gordo - no it was fine, am leaving a week on Sat.

You'll be fine - look on it a an adventure. And think of all that fantatsic hacking you'll be able to explore.

AS for it all going wrong - learn from the mistakes you made with Grady but don't dwell on them. She needs a strong leader and a set routine and she'll be just hunky-dory.:D

The day we moved Crystal from the big riding centre at the end of the lane to a friends farm, was the best move we ever made, ok so we don't have an indoor school, so needs one of those? (well we would like one when Hilary and Kevin owners of farm get round to it) Crystal was so chilled out and no more nasty face pulling, or behaviour problems, sometimes they need achange like we do.

of course you and bry will be fine :)

I'll be closer to Dummer and Drummer so I can box Bry out for lessons and hacks, I can also hire a big indoor school 5 mins up the road and I'll be having a freelance instructor in to teach me........CANT WAIT :p

show in about 5 weeks, we'll have a lovely day :)

You'll probably have more time with Bry which will make things better she may even be happier. Me and Charlie are now going to be moving to our 3rd home. I think it can bring you closer together. When I got Charlie he was new tome and everyone at the farm then when we moved it was only each other we had. Do you know what I mean?

I've moved Ziz 5 times now in just under 2 years, this is obviously far too much but she has settled and her basic nature has never changed. Just remember to give Bry time and you'll both be fine. Your gut feeling about a yard is never normally wrong and you'll be closer to home which is always good.

newrider.com