Boots for chunky calves.....

Sarah-B

Oct 8, 2005
Hampshire
...I have a pair of Tyne Muck Boots which I like and also a pair of MH chunky jod boots + half chaps but I really fancy a pair of "proper" riding boots.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that does a boot wide enough for me (17" calf :eek:)?

I like traditional riding boots, but particularly like Harry Hall's Faro and MH Rimfrost.

Any ideas?

I'm in the same position at the moment. I had my leather boots extended, but as my calf muscle measures at 16", I can't find a new pair to fit me!!!! Looks like I'll be tryingto get a pair of those Mountain Horse boots then!

also a big fan of MH high riders but beware they do seem to have problems with zips busting which can be expensive to replace. I'm waiting for my current zips to go and then I'm going for a pair of Ariat Glacier which have laces up the side.

Seem to remember someone got boots from Tuffa

http://www.tuffaboots.com/index.htm?ac=B3768-C

(scroll down to the Norfolk) and I think they come up big. I have a 17" calf too and have added this to my favourites and I wouldn't have done that for no reason... I think they look rather smart and like you, fancy something better than the Tynes... Worth contacting to see what size wide-fit accommodates?? (then letting me know? :D )

OK, just got off the phone from Tuffa - the standard calf fits upto 16" and the wide fits upto 18" - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Last edited:
Ooh! :)

Where's my piggy-bank???

......... oh, poop - it's empty, bar a bit of fluff!!!

I'd better start saving then........ :D

I'm somewhat on the "chunky" side too.

Love MH rimfrost riders.

Also have MH highriders (the leather ones), but they tend to go a bit floppy and wrinkle at the ankle which I think is the root of the problem with the zip.

I wore the rimfrost riders all last winter, all summer and all this winter too for about up to 4 hours a day 3 x per week (only wore the leather ones once or twice throughthe summer - they seem to tempt rain for some reason :p ) and the zips are still going strong.

Sarah
x

newrider.com