Bored - Old Pictures of Charles

Jessica23

Sep 3, 2007
Gloucestershire
www.wildbriars.co.uk
Cos we all love him, AND cos i just found a load of pictures! lol here's my old man pre-Una!

This was when he had no mane, tail or skin on his neck!! The vet mis-diagnosed sweet itch for a WHOLE year so my poor boy suffered all that time :mad: It was actually just something as simple as lice from the neighbours chickens...

16thoctcharlie-1.jpg

2986charlielunge-1.jpg

Love this one!!
16thoctcharliescratch-1.jpg

This was him when he broke his hock. The vet was going to put him down, but he is a brave little soldier so we said no!

charlieleg.jpg

And this is what he says to the vet! lol
Charlietongue13.jpg

Dog-sitting

charandchloe140405.jpg

CharlieandMeg03022005.jpg

charliepuppiesandmolly07022005.jpg

charliepups180405.jpg

More to come probably lol

Jumpey pony

2986charlielungejump2.jpg

2986charlielungejump3.jpg

2986charlielungejump7.jpg

That was a big ol' jump - 4'6 i think! No way i'd have jumped that with him these days, im such a wuss lol

100_6937.jpg

Lungey pony

2986charlielunge3.jpg

2986charlielunge2.jpg
2986charlielunge.jpg

Sunny side up?

charlieroll.jpg

Check out my awful position lol This was him just back into work after the broken leg in post 1 i think..

ac26e6af.jpg

d1165554.jpg

More to come... Maybe!

First of all I absolutely love your pictures. They might be old to some people but to me they are new because I have never seen them before. Love your boy. He has such a kind face and it is amazing how well he seems to be behaving with all the animals around him. May I just ask why there is a budgie sitting on him or is it something else, I can't tell?

How did you cope when he broke his hock and how did he break it? :eek: How long did it take to heal?

Thanks for the replies!

I dont think i've posted many (if any) of these before as they were taken before i joined NR!

The bird (green cheeked conure) was my Molly. She used to go everywhere with me, used to perch in Charlie's mane on hacks sometimes!!lol She was great. He was brought up with all the animals as i had him from so young so he loves them all. He's a good old boy!

He broke his hock in the field. Just went to catch him one day and he couldnt walk :( We think he either slipped galloping around (he sometimes forgets he's not 3 anymore lol) or maybe twisted it in a hole, though i never found one. It was looking bad for a while.. The vet kept saying she wanted to put him down but im glad i didnt let her as he is 100% sound on it now.

Thanks all :)

Charlie has a fab little jump!! He's great :D I never did any showing with him, we always did jumping and he was a little high strung for showing as a baby :D But i would like to do some Working Hunter with him when i've got transport to get him out as he does scrub up well, has gorgeous paces and loves to jump, so should suit him fine :D

newrider.com