Boswellia

Susanh8043

Oct 5, 2019
Has anyone using boswellia found it has changed their horses temperament?
My driving mare has copd and slight signs of arthritis, researching boswellia it's good for both and it's working amazingly. But her temperament has changed. She is normally just a plod but now she's full of energy which is good but she's being silly spooking at things whilst driving her out.
I've cut the dose down to 1/4 teaspoon twice a day and I'm thinking of cutting it out totally to see if she goes back to her normal self. Advice please or if anyone has experienced this she certainly is feeling good but just abit to lively for me.

I would say she's feeling the benefits of it and may settle down. Are you noticing any changes when in season. Mine can be a bit more silly spooky then.
She wouldn't eaten what you are using but I do use Devils Claw. I adjusted that to 10ml as the recommended initial 15ml was sending her to la la land!

I have my old mare on Boswellia and the benefits for her are just incomparable to anything we have tired for her for her overall stiffness and arthritic changes anyway - but i can't say I have noticed any huge change in her personality and disposition - but then her issues are probably nothing like you have with your horse. My mare is almost certainly suffering form long term and permanent effects of Lymes disease - and to be honest I would be delighted if boswellia increased her energy and positivity towards life in general :(

On the other hand my 6 year old lab who has been recently diagnosed with extensive, too far advanced, untreatable joint problems is now getting boswellia in her food, as well as her vet recommended supplement along with anti flim flams - she is flying around like a puppy, out biggest problem now is restraining her in case she cause even more damage to her joints! So I am guessing in some case that yes, it can make them a little OTT in their renewed enthusiasm for life \;0

I would say she's feeling the benefits of it and may settle down. Are you noticing any changes when in season. Mine can be a bit more silly spooky then.
She wouldn't eaten what you are using but I do use Devils Claw. I adjusted that to 10ml as the recommended initial 15ml was sending her to la la land!
Hi thanks for your response. She no different when season or not. She's 21 years young and acting like a 5 year old
The energy is nice but the excitement isn't I'm going to cut it right back and see what happens she's never been like this and I've had her 2011.

Reactions: Huggy
Thank you some other suggestions on supplements for me to try on my boy. I'm making a list currently.
Mine is on No Bute if you are looking into different types. Not all the time, probably March to October.
She used go lame in season, the vet didn't believe me until they had her for a different lameness workout.
If it works, it works. :)

Has anyone using boswellia found it has changed their horses temperament?
My driving mare has copd and slight signs of arthritis, researching boswellia it's good for both and it's working amazingly. But her temperament has changed. She is normally just a plod but now she's full of energy which is good but she's being silly spooking at things whilst driving her out.
I've cut the dose down to 1/4 teaspoon twice a day and I'm thinking of cutting it out totally to see if she goes back to her normal self. Advice please or if anyone has experienced this she certainly is feeling good but just abit to lively for me.
I don't know the answer, but my friend Catherine at Naturally Animals www.naturallyanimals.co.uk would certainly be able to advise you.

I have my old mare on Boswellia and the benefits for her are just incomparable to anything we have tired for her for her overall stiffness and arthritic changes anyway - but i can't say I have noticed any huge change in her personality and disposition - but then her issues are probably nothing like you have with your horse. My mare is almost certainly suffering form long term and permanent effects of Lymes disease - and to be honest I would be delighted if boswellia increased her energy and positivity towards life in general :(

On the other hand my 6 year old lab who has been recently diagnosed with extensive, too far advanced, untreatable joint problems is now getting boswellia in her food, as well as her vet recommended supplement along with anti flim flams - she is flying around like a puppy, out biggest problem now is restraining her in case she cause even more damage to her joints! So I am guessing in some case that yes, it can make them a little OTT in their renewed enthusiasm for life \;0
By
Interesting. Off to buy Boswellia
Well it's really effective, if there a change in behaviour I'd like to know please :)

Reactions: Frances144
newrider.com