Bought a Garmin watch thingie!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
After much uhming and ahing I bought myself a Garmin Forerunner watch to time my rides :) it's literally just that, no maps or anything on the device, but one can download the rides afterwards and see it all on the map and stuff :)

I've 'mapped' 3 rides so far and I'm really pleased with the device! dead easy to use (it only has 4 buttons!), takes elevation into account (of which we have A LOT around here!!), gives top speed and average speed and can be paused if one eg has a 'pitstop in the trees' and suchlike :)

Anyone else use one?

I'll be using it to get Appley fitter etc. and get our average speed up a little so we can do better at TREC orienteering this summer :D

A Forerunner 10 eg. a basic model

http://sites.garmin.com/forerunner10/

I'd link to what I mapped today but not sure I should be posting exact yard location etc. on a forum :p

It's dead easy to use. you press button so it finds your location, then press it again, then again to start :) at the end you press button again and it asks if you want to save. Back home, you USB it to the PC, log onto the (free) Garmin site and it downloads your ride for you :)

I will be wearing mine when I start longreining. I don't have that model do I? Forget what I said on your thread before.

I was hoping it would say how many iceareas I could have when we get back but I don't think it does.

newrider.com