Boulder holders!

ladiva

Aug 4, 2009
East Anglia
I have been riding a rather bouncy steed of late and after a stint of stirrupless trotting have conceded that my sports bra is indeed of no use what so ever!
I am not over endowed (34D) but even my instructor said her eyes are drawn to my assets on occasion!
I am not yet at a standard where a body protector, which would help contain my puppies, is required so am after recommendations of good bras that will stop my chest resembling the baywatch opening credits.
Many thanks in advance x

I personally avoid the sports bras as they're all elastic but not always as supportive as they claim (ever seen a well-endowed high level sports lady btw ? :D )

I suggest looking for a bra which has wide shoulder straps (for comfort) and wide around your back (for support)

I have Tescos sports bras, probably not the best on the market, but I find them very acceptable and at £5-00 a piece, def worth a try.:)

wide straps and underwiring, a wide tight underband: hoke um up as far as they can go, and still be able to move your arms! and a baggy tabard.

Oooh I wouldn't go for underwiring when riding, can be a bit ouchy!!!

I've tried the M&S one with a racer back, not too bad, but I always wear a BP so that does hold things down! LOL!!

Problem with them all is as they get washed and older the staying power gets less! I tried one from Matalan but the under band was not wide enough and it dug in, left red marks. Also tried one from Asda, which to be fair for the price, wasn't too bad, but I didn't find it comfortable, they come up a bit on the small side!

Sidesaddle Lady used to swear by the Doreen bra! So if you like the pointy boob look!!!:D

I have a great boulder holder, am pretty well endowed and my boobs don't move. It's a shock absorber paid about £24 for it but it has been worth it. Before this wore a normal bra and my boobs were all over the place.:eek:

i could not live without my underwiring- even sleep in an underwired bra. but i did once take it off in a car-- NO- -not what you are thinking!! my husband and i traveled across country from new orleans to tucson arizona . it was night time, there was the most fantastic thunder and lightning storm as we were crossing the desert, and a truck in front of us had already been hit by lightening and swerved off the road. the lightning forks were huge, and there would be about 30 of them forking down at any given time. it was truly an awesome sight, which i will remember vividly for my entire life. ( i love storms) my husbands car at that time ( if i was a real american i would say" my husband at that time!" ) was a sports car that had chrome strips surrounding the windscreen, and a fork of lightening hit the car and that entire strip, and all of the trim was a vibrant electric blue, we nearly wrecked, and i can tell you, i was out of my underwired bra in seconds!!!

i could not live without my underwiring- even sleep in an underwired bra. but i did once take it off in a car-- NO- -not what you are thinking!! my husband and i traveled across country from new orleans to tucson arizona . it was night time, there was the most fantastic thunder and lightning storm as we were crossing the desert, and a truck in front of us had already been hit by lightening and swerved off the road. the lightning forks were huge, and there would be about 30 of them forking down at any given time. it was truly an awesome sight, which i will remember vividly for my entire life. ( i love storms) my husbands car at that time ( if i was a real american i would say" my husband at that time!" ) was a sports car that had chrome strips surrounding the windscreen, and a fork of lightening hit the car and that entire strip, and all of the trim was a vibrant electric blue, we nearly wrecked, and i can tell you, i was out of my underwired bra in seconds!!!

Love it HEE HEE.... i have a wicked imagination and i can picture this...:D:D

i love the lightning story lynnemh!!:D

i think i will try wearing both of my sport bras on my next lesson, as a quick fix!!
i will have a look at the shock absorbers too - dont really fancy the pointy madonna look!;)

My 34FFs are a nightmare!

What I find best is the M&S racer back sports bra, and then on top one of those vest tops that has 'built in support' - a kind of extra sling bit rond the boobs if you know what I mean? You often get them in pyjama sections primark do some cheap ones. And then t-shirt!

The extra couple of layers of vest top really make a difference.

I hate underwire bras they drive me mad. There was a tale that a woman was shot and the underwire bit saved her. Not sure if this is true or not. Slightly off topic why are all the bras got extra padding these days it drives me mad (i don't want bigger boobs, well i might when i;ve lost the weight but at the moment they're fine) and if you've got bigger boobs everything is underwired:mad:

A minimiser bra is good to stop the bounce my friend even wore her tight swim suit which helped (mad but inventive). A few more years And I can tuck them in my jods !!!!

newrider.com