Bouncing up the canter? and PICS!!!

~*sugarlump*~

rather be riding...
May 22, 2005
hi everyone

I've been riding a friend of mine's BSJA pony, and this wee we did some jumping, felt amazing, he was a really good jumper and really honest.:)
but i noticed my friend approached the fences in a really bouncy canter, i tried to make my pony abit more bouncy but it didnt work, so i came to the conclusion i was asking him wrong. Normally with king, he's abit too bouncy, so i've never really had this problem before

how can you bounce up your canters?

sorry mods but this is the O/T bit :p

a few months ago my 4 year old cavalier king charles spaniel had a heart attack, and it looked like we would never get another dog
BUT
last saturday we got a gorgeous 10 year old collie X. we think that she might be part springer spaniel, so even for a 10 year old shes quite hyper, and she's ALWAYS on her back wanting her tummy tickled :p
we got her from the dogs trust and i was really impressed with them

so, meet bonnie....
Photo-0110.jpg

ignore me, i just love this pic of her :p
Photo-0117.jpg

bless her she looks like she had a pot belly here :p
Photo-0100.jpg

Photo-0102.jpg

I love her! they're not amazing pics as theyre off my phone
hope you enjoy :)
SL x

Ahhhh she looks like my dogs son (my auntie has owned him since he was about 7 months old)

sorry no idea about bouncing up the canter but can i ask why you want to bounce it up?

of you are meaning you want a bit more spring in th ecante then you need to work on lots of transitions to get the back end more under the horse and get teh horse more capable of collecting the canter. transitions help a lot. i used to ride a particularly lazy horse who's canter was so flat that although comfy it was 4-time :eek: with lots of transitions and pole work he became more supple and able to collect and his canter became true.

thankyou:)
Coss- yeh i meant abit more springy, he's abit *too* comfy to canter on, it's quite flat, resulting in me knocking down a pole or two:eek:

sorry-= dont know about the canter but your dog looks a lota collie!!!!!!

enjoy your long walks - mines now 10 and 11 - they still expect mile longs hikes daily lol!!! although they cant manage it as well they still expect lol!!

newrider.com