Braved the winds.. and the snow.. and bird scarers.. and the falling tree!

Kc..

Nov 7, 2007
North Cotswolds
www.casseywatson.co.uk
Me and Tone went for a nice long hack today on the pone's..
Managing to get ourselves nice and caught in HIGH HIGH HIGH winds and blizzards, not to mention the darn bird scarers. Oh and Nimby's reflection..

They were both immpecably well behaved, what good pones.
Me & Lantern had our first gallop, which we managed to arrange just as we got caught in our first storm.

We hacked upto a perfect place.. on a hill so if he decided stopping was a rubbish idea he should run out of steam before we reach the end. It was also Tone's first proper gallop in a while and well.. it's always better to gallop Nimby for the first time on a hill he can't get to the top off ;)

Anyway we got to out gallop point.. with me promising Tone that Nimby would stop before the top. keeping my strongest face while my belly did sumersaults. Just i said to Tone "let him go" down came a tree in the wood running alongside us. By this point i had let Lantern go.. but poor old Nim was scared out of his skin and was left at the bottom. Jeez was it ever loud though, never heard anything like it. Not a good way to start your first gallop.

Once that was over with Tone let Nimby go and off he went his little legs going as fast as he could.. As he came past Lantern went.. did something weird, maybe a little buck i'm not sure but i lost a stirrup anyway. His strides are SO long, i managed to regain my stirrup and we got going.. once he settled into a rythem he got a big pat and they both stopped before the top.

All of us were a bit rattled from a mixture of Falling trees.. wind.. snow.. and ofcourse our first gallop. We lead for a few metres then got back on and came home.

So a very good day really, very well behaved hoss's in very bad weather!

Now all we need to do is conquer Lantern's fear of the air when on his own!

:D:D

Last edited:
newrider.com