Breaking to Harness/ driving trainer North west

Skeeder

Oct 22, 2007
Hi,

Can anyone help me very new to this but want to do it without everyone laughing their socks off at me.
I have an 8 year old PRE Andalusian who is broken to ride however people keep saying what a fabulous driving horse he would make now I have no idea about this and was wondering if anyone knew where in the north west of england I could send him for training.
Someone mentioned a lady at Hargate Hill in Glossop who drives 4 Lusitano stallions and friesians I live in Glossop in Derbyshire.
Sorry for daft post but I really want to do this but dont know who to ask..:rolleyes: Mel x

If you live in Derbyshire you are on Caroline Dale Leech's doorstep. Darley Dale. Red House Stables - I don't know if she takes horses for training, but you could phone her and what she don't know isn't worth knowing, she'll put you in touch with those who can help you.

She can give you driving lessons, there are not many better, or as good as her.

Just bear in mind there are a few who will never make a safe driving horse, and some will never accept the cart.

Many thanks Wally I will get in touch with her might have a few driving lessons and see if I like it always wanted to try just didn't know where to start..;)
Mel x

Fancy that small world out there!
A lady I spoke to in Glossop the other day mentioned there is a lady there called Samantha I think who will take your horse for breaking to drive not sure if she has something to do with Black feathers carriages as they use the friesian stallions that this lady mentioned she drove.
Will have to see if I can ring Hargate and see;)

newrider.com