Bridle dilemma

Skye94

Most accident prone horse owner
Jan 6, 2006
Near Aberdeen - Laurencekirk
Hello :)

I have a bridle issue. Well, not a issue but I can't find one so I'm hoping you lovely folks might know more.

I'm after a comfy bridle, with room for big ears and a detachable flash. In black :)

Can I find a bridle with both?! nope!!!!

Thanks y'all

I got this one http://www.englishbridles.co.uk/shop/product.asp?strParents=91&CAT_ID=124&P_ID=532 for Cyrus as he needed new one, he is a bit funny about his ears and this one seems comfy for him and lovely soft leather. Has padded headpiece and noseband strap goes over it. It comes in detachable flash version too http://www.englishbridles.co.uk/shop/product.asp?strParents=91&CAT_ID=124&P_ID=530 and available in black.

Here is Cyrus posing in his (Cavesson version in havana)
IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

The shaped headpiece with plain cavesson and detachable flash option was one of our most popular made to measure/custom design bridles. I've just done a repair to one of our old bridles with a curved headpiece - the only bridle the customer's horse goes well in. I believe Barnsby do the same design we did, but not sure about the flash option. Might be worth looking at Barnsby. :)

Is it worth getting a plain noseband and then just buying a seperate flash attachment?
The problem I have with the ears is my cheek pieces are too long, then making it tight over the ears.

Is it worth getting a plain noseband and then just buying a seperate flash attachment?
The problem I have with the ears is my cheek pieces are too long, then making it tight over the ears.

NF has a point. Get the one you want and then buy a seperate flash attactment if needed.

The bridle I have cost a fortune, but I figure it is one bridle for a life time and my saddle was second hand, so it all evens out.!

Mine is curved around the ears and padded. It has straps which do up evenly on each side, so three straps and buckles on each side. One for throat lash, one for noseband and one for cheekpieces.

I couldn't get my head around the fact that the noseband going over the headpiece made it any less restrictive than under????

My friend had a lesson last week and the instructor put a Miklem bridle on her horse - although only half an hours worth the horse was much better and much more settled.

Have never tried a Micklem, but might be worth a look, although I understand they are not fab for strong horses, but I have always thought grackles are a better way to go than flashes. But thats just my opinion.

The bridle I have cost a fortune, but I figure it is one bridle for a life time and my saddle was second hand, so it all evens out.!

Mine is curved around the ears and padded. It has straps which do up evenly on each side, so three straps and buckles on each side. One for throat lash, one for noseband and one for cheekpieces.

I couldn't get my head around the fact that the noseband going over the headpiece made it any less restrictive than under????

My friend had a lesson last week and the instructor put a Miklem bridle on her horse - although only half an hours worth the horse was much better and much more settled.

Have never tried a Micklem, but might be worth a look, although I understand they are not fab for strong horses, but I have always thought grackles are a better way to go than flashes. But thats just my opinion.

I loved my micklem and Rubic went really nicely in it however it was just a little neat on her and I would have needed the slightly bigger size (and then I think it would have been slightly too big in some areas!) so I sold it. I actually had no brake issues with it and Rubic was better in that even with a snaffle and she was notoriously strong when it came to going a gallop or jumping.

My bridle came today!! Ok, so its for my xmas but they have a seven day return policy so needed to make sure i liked it!!
It smells lovely - proper english leather :)

Its very padded and is good quality leather. I love the fact it comes with a set of shorter cheek pieces as well (very handy). I think the best bit about this bridle is the fact you can take off the crank noseband and convert it to a regular cavesson!!

YAY!!! Now i just need to find reins that match and dont cost the earth :bounce:

Nice bridle ! I never knew jaguar did bridles! looks very posh!:inlove:

newrider.com