Brilliant and controlled hack today!

ForestGump

Apr 9, 2008
Hampshire
I decided to take Forest on a hack today without the martingale and grackle on. He had his pelham in and was being ridden on two reins.

Bearing in mind that this time last week, he was unstoppable once he went and would play up down the road, and can sometimes get quite dangerous!:rolleyes:

It was a bit of a gamble with just a pelham and plain cavesson on but we went anyway.
He was really good on the roads. Walk and trot find.
I wanted to see what he would do cantering, especially next to another horse. I wanted to see how controllable and stoppable he was cantering as he often thinks its a race.

He was great. I could have stopped at any point. He went foward but yet he was easy to bring back again.

He was working into an outline along the road with a small amount of contact. The curb rein was fairly loose and I was mainly riding on the snaffle rein.

And I've noticed that since hes been in this bit hes picking up his feet in trot aswell! :):D

Congrats on such a nice ride! The new bit seems to have made a lot of difference! Here's to many more controlled hacks :D!

newrider.com