Brownies organisation

Highland Rambler

Aug 7, 2019
My little sister just told me that she wants to start going to the Brownies or Cubs (I'm not sure is that only boys though) because her friends go there and are trying to persuade her to join so I'm just wondering what sort of activities they do there and what sort of things will it teach her, such as manners etc :)?

I am only asking by the way lol, we will have a chat with our parents later on just before she goes to bed but imho, it is a good idea so I am all for letting her join but our parents may not be so keen, I hope that's not the case though.

I was a Brownie, loved it! Though it may have changed since I did it, it's been a few years, lol!

I was a Brownie too.

We did all sorts from learning to sew to camping.

The Brownie website would be your best bet, I imagine.

I did brownies for a very short time, then went into guides and had an absolute blast and learnt a lot, but when I switched later to another pack it wasn't nearly as good, there is def a difference depending on who is organizing the pack, you'll need to find the right one.
We did different activities almost every week, from arts and crafts to outdoor sports, camping, orienteering etc. and volunteering at fates and old folks homes etc., plus cooking and the normal badge claiming activities. It is good to teach team work, problem solving, perseverance etc.

newrider.com