Bry into harness

Bobbin

Back in the saddle yeehaa
Feb 16, 2006
I have decided to put Bry back into harness, I believe she is already 'broken' to drive although won't have done any for a good few years, at least 3. With this in mind I want to just break her to harness as though she hadn't been driven before. She is already a pro to longrein so I am ready to go onto the next step which I assume is trying her in harness and blinkers. I am looking to borrow a harness to start with, just to make sure she will be ok with everything first.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to go about this whole thing.

You sound like you are on the right lines - as you have said assume she is a complete novice even if she isn't. Best suggestion I can give (as you seem to be on the right lines) is to get hold of Clare Wigmore's Breaking to Harness (I think that is what it is called) DVD - very good step by step instructions. If you don't want to shell out on anything at this stage then order Sally Walrond's 'breaking a horse to harness' from the library on inter-library loan! :D

Thanks Ester, am very excited, I think she'll make an ace driving pony....but then I am biased.

newrider.com