Bucas Irish leg warmer riding rug

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
I just spotted this on the Bucas website, has anyone tried one?

Reactions: Cortrasna
No and although I like the idea, tbh I can't imagine a scenario where I would actually use it. I have my winter breeches and fleece lined chaps for me and I'd use an exercise sheet on Raf if it was really cold, although I can't recall the last time I used one - it just never seems to get cold enough in this country. Raf also gets hot and sweaty on his shoulders really easily (don't know if that's because of his Cushings) so I don't think it would be practical for us. I could imagine in colder countries or if you actually ride in snow and ice (we don't) it would be really nice.

I'm always a bit wary about wrap around rugs, it would be just my luck that would be the day I take a flier and get hung up attached to the horse somehow, probably silly but I just stick a longer coat or extra layer on my legs :)

Iv'e been looking at the riding skirts because it's always raining here in Ireland and I'm slightly paranoid about my saddle getting wet, but these look like an interesting alternative.

I just spotted this on the Bucas website, has anyone tried one?

I havent' but very tempted especially at that price.

Reactions: No_Angel
I would be tempted to make something @No_Angel , just cut out the area for you to sit, remove the straps, make sure the front is velcro which rugs are I think before the clips do up?
Isn't this just like a show sheet type thing? I have seen riders at shows with a rug over the top to stay dry and clean.

This year because madam is wide, I am trying out the long coat and I am trying out the fleece lined jodphurs.
It depends what part of you actually gets cold. For me it's the thighs and that will be covered by this coat.

Ideal for wet days, that's a no pretty much here in winter. It's friend wind arrives at the same time. We would puff up like a balloon and float away.
She's out naked so I would probably cook her and roast me.
I would lean more to the skirt as that's just attached to me.

@Jessey I have visions of being flung into a tree and looking a parachute gone wrong. I do have the what three words app but I can think of three I would be using before I pressed it!!!

Do we change as we age? I used to use a wrap around with my first horse with no issues. It was a less windy location though.

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com