Buddy Update

graciemoo

graciemoo.co.uk
ADDED REPLY WITH LINK TO LOTS OF PHOTOS!!

So, I got him here on Saturday afternoon, and just let him settle into his box, and feel comfortable.

Sunday - he hadn't been wormed so he couldn't go out into the fields, so I let him loose in the school. He is so well trained. You just click and he trots around you like lunging, and then when you say good boy, he stops! Fantastic! Then I ran around with him and off he went into canter, bless him, had a really good buck! Was really good to watch! Then off we went to buy him some things we forgot the day before. So late afternoon, I took him in the school to ride, just walked, trotted and cantered on both reins. Rode him up the lane and back and he was no bother. Gave him his wormer so he could go out on Monday.

Monday - farrier came to give him all new shoes. He was a bit of a pratt, but he's only 5! Settled quickly though.
Went out in the field for the first time - I unfortunately didn't see this, but the girl that evening, He has quite a buck to him...!! So at least he enjoyed himself!
I rode him on the evening after work, just hacked to my old yard (about 1.5miles away). Just to show him off!!! LOL!! :p He was not a problem at all, had a few snorts at things but didn't slow/speed up or swing out...was impressed!

Tuesday - schooled him properly, WOW! He was amazing, better than when I tried him, and although he tends to lean I would much rather him do that than reject the contact and throw his head up.
He was simply fantastic!!

Tonight I'm riding him and one of my friends is coming to watch (no pressure there then!)

I tell you, having him perform so well and be so exciting, it sure makes my working day drag on!!...at least I have NR for company! ;)

Will get partner to video me, and upload to photobucket or something so you can all see him move and work, rather than just photos I have put up!

Cookies if you got to the end! :D

Last edited:
That's really great. I really like the look of your new hossie - he's just the type I'd usually go for, so I'll be interested to follow his progress. More pics soon please!! :)

you post about a new horse and your adventures and theres no pictures??? i think u should be banned! PHOTOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

congratulations though he sounds totally fab!

Jaydevon - there's an album on graciemoos profile - have a sneaky peak. He's a handsome lad.

you post about a new horse and your adventures and theres no pictures??? i think u should be banned! PHOTOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

congratulations though he sounds totally fab!

I know, I actually meant to take more when he arrived off lorry and things, but I've been so wrapped up in getting him sorted, I didn't get any.
OH has some on iPhone - irritatingly you can't send them to another phone though!! So will have to upload from there. Like I say will also try and get him to video me one evening or at weekend on him.

PLEASE don't ban me...how will I get through the working day!!?? :eek:

He sounds great GM! :) .. Looking forward to seeing pics. Congratulations!!

Yes he is mine, paid and collected this Saturday just gone.
Plan to work on flatwork for a month or so then aff. to BD over the winter and do some unaff. ODE's work up to Intro height, then open BE season with one Intro (maybe two if all fails in first!) and then straight to PN for season probably, then move onto Novice and beyond after...HOPEFULLY!

newrider.com