Bugger :(

All the abscess vibes have been successful!!! A nice big juicy and very stinky one has popped out on or just above he coronet band at the side, not the front like we thought!! Still I’ll take it even if I have the pungent smell of rotting flesh on my nostrils now :D

**HAPPY DANCE** lol ;)
07E4F0BE-A690-465A-9D65-38BD0225E075.jpeg 483912C7-6362-44BB-8637-D1058CDB8847.jpeg

Brilliant news! I'm so happy for you both - him because he must be so much comfortable & you because it's got to be a big weight off your mind. Absolutely the best news :) x

Reactions: MrC
It worked fantastically @Cortrasna thank you!! Yes it’s a massive weight off my mind as now I don’t have to have the dreaded talk with the vet.

However he is showing his displeasure at being in! Ruined one poultice boot full of Epsom salt then proceeded to try and sit on me when doing the second :rolleyes: after years of hearing gaffa tape being pulled open and used and not giving a monkeys it’s now the sound of immediate death and sitting on me or kicking my head off my shoulders is allowed. Serious smacked botty was had and the second one went on better. Big idiot :rolleyes:

So in punishment ;) :D

9F00ECC2-0F6B-420A-BF49-A643808E7AFF.jpeg

He looks of death for the choice of colour :D
5893268E-517B-47C2-9E00-42D38EB1F835.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! He’s not eating though :(:mad: he doesn’t want to be stabled when everything else is out. So he’s gone on hunger strike with hay. Left him a haynet with three leafs in it at 6pm last night, this years hay so very tempting and tasty, same haynet at 7am this morning had about 2 leafs in it, same haynet at 11am had about the same :(

So he’s out in the old backing pen as here is grass around the sides but not enough room to get any speed up and he just stuck his head down and scoffed.

So I’m changing the bandage today if it’s clean enough then he’s going out with some sudocream on The hole area as our fields aren’t muddy yet and I can’t have him not eating as he has to be weighed at the vets in October to see if he will go through a winter happily at a good weight and without bankrupting me :(

How's he doing @MrC ?

He’s doing much better :)

Front shoes are off and the farrier had a good dig. Going to have to talk to the vets though as they have billed me for drugs that they didn’t tell me to come get and that I now don’t need.

He’s out in the field with his herd for the next week whilst I’m in Poland. Hoping to take him for a wee wander when I come back over at my friends

Brilliant news :D

If the drugs never left the vets then they have no reason not to refund you.

Reactions: MrC
newrider.com