Bungee band saddle pads

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
Anyone tried one? I'll start off by saying I'm not looking for a training aid, a quick fix or a short cut ;) with over 30 years riding experience that's not how I operate. I do however have a horse that's been largely off work since November 2018 due to my 2 pregnancies in quick succession and having done a bit of reading I was wondering if these would benefit him as part of our routine to get back to fitness (in addition to long lining, pole work and his straightness training lessons). There seem to be a few suppliers, anyone any experience of them?

I’ve not used one but think they probably emulate the old Ttouch figure 8 wrap without the faf ? my friend has one as recommended by both her physio and EE instructor and felt it was beneficial without forcing a frame, so it’s one I would consider using

Reactions: eventerbabe
When I was on our RC committee, I had my physio give a talk and she mentioned the use of them. I'm already doing the massage and stretching she recommended. Anything to help support him to get match fit again! Poor boy has had ages off

Reactions: Jessey
A harness would be cheaper and probably give the horse a similar feel.
It's a lot of money for what it is. Surely the wrap is simpler/ cheaper?

I looked I to one but from memory, I was concerned they have too much resistance unless the horse is already built up, so wouldn't use for a remedial horse or horse lacking fitness myself.

I prefer an elasticated bandage around the hind quarter or a TTouch wrap.

I have a section of rubber Theraband which I bought off G's physio. She measured her and cut a length off the roll for me. I think it was about a fiver. I attach it to a roller when lungeing. It has to go around her hamstrings, on her upper quarters. So I tie it on the side rings of the roller and it sits horizontal.... not like a rope of a training aid that usually sits in the curve above their hocks. This band goes under her dock. By tightening the band, it just reminds G to step under more.

Reactions: eventerbabe
If it's still on the top, if you're looking for a nice saddle pad, I'd recommend the one I found.. on Amazon. I was told to check the review at https://horsezz.com/best-horse-saddle-pads-review/ and I'm satisfied with the good. It's produced by the Best Friend brand, it's not pricey. Besides, it comes with a cinch and a water bottle, which is nice. Good luck with your choice!

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com