Buying a horse in NI/Ireland

dont-luk-bac

Jul 7, 2009
Hi,

Iam looking to buy a new pony 14/15hh 7yrs plus does anybody know of anything sane and sensible for sale in NI/Ireland, Iam considering heading to england to buy as they seem to have what iam looking for and cant find at home. Any help or info appreciated??

I posted exactly the same thread around this time last year! It's very frustrating, it took me months and months to find something suitable.

There is a good website called horseabout.com and it has all horses for sale in NI. And also get the Farm Week, out every Thursday, it has a 'horses for sale' section. You will find loads in there.

You had said you were looking for something sane and sensible - just a thought, but my horse is absolutely bombproof and when he was 4 he sired a foal before being gelded. The foal is now 4 years old and is very very safe and sane, exactly like his dad (the one I own). I think his ad is somewhere on horseabout.com. Maybe you don't want something that young though.

I will look in the Farm week for you on Thursday!!

Thanks guys, I do check donedeal regularly but havent seen anything close enough too me recently. I wouldnt necessarily rule out something thats just backed as ive known 15yrs that act like their two and vice versa 4/5 year olds that act 15yrs and your horse is lovely sam so may be possibility as i would go on its personality more than age, thanks guys any further info keep me posted . . . will check out horseabout :)

hi, there's another website called 'findmypony' based in NI. It is quite slow moving as in not much changes on it from week to week but you may want to check it out on the off chance.:)

newrider.com