Cake or cookies recipes?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Right so tomorrow I am going to start my charity baking with a nice simple batch of butterfly cakes. And then Friday I will attempt some cookies.

Anyone got any good recipes for cupcakes/ biscuits or anything?

Need to keep the cost down as much as possible so I can raise more money lol

Nigella butterscotch muffins are amazing. I also use the smartie cookie recipe off there. Can also use choc drops/butterscotch drops/glacé cherries and white chocolate

Have a lovely recipe for ginger flap jacks too from good housekeeping book.

And a fab cheat that never fails or turns out bad is the Betty Crocker devils food cake pack mix - it's amazing!

TBH I don't think you can beat a Victoria Sponge. Weigh your (4) eggs and then add equal amounts of butter, SR flour, caster sugar and 1 tsp of baking powder.

You can fill it with jam, but I like to add the grated rind of 2 x lemons to the cake mixture and then fill it with a little lemon curd.

Also really easy to turn this variation in to a lemon drizzle cake by mixing the juice of 2 lemons with some granulated sugar and pouring it over what will be the top of your cake when it comes out of the oven. The sponge needs to still be warm for the juice to be absorbed. When its cool it leaves a nice crunchy topping.

newrider.com