Calling a test...

I always get suckered into calling for everyone as my voice carries and feel bad saying no to teary-eyed kids .... usually means I end up calling for 5 people (the first of which will be the person I came for!) before running out and jumping on my own horse to warm up. MEans I don't need to learnt the tests in advance haha!

But I dont have to say it as it's written down? I can give them the movement but in my own words?

So "at a ride a 20m circle".

I dont have to say "circle left 20m diameter?"

No paraphrasing ! Your friend will be eliminated if you paraphrase! You can ONLY read what is on the test sheet, nothing else at all. Honestly, its easier because you don't have to think at all, you jsut read out what is written there.

Reading for Prelim is easy, because there are relatively few movements. I read for a friend at Elementary once, and it was like being a racing commentator! You barely pause between movements and you have to watch horse and rider as well as keep track of the test, because there are so many movements, so you have to ensure you're not getting ahead or behind.

No paraphrasing ! Your friend will be eliminated if you paraphrase! You can ONLY read what is on the test sheet, nothing else at all. Honestly, its easier because you don't have to think at all, you jsut read out what is written there.

Reading for Prelim is easy, because there are relatively few movements. I read for a friend at Elementary once, and it was like being a racing commentator! You barely pause between movements and you have to watch horse and rider as well as keep track of the test, because there are so many movements, so you have to ensure you're not getting ahead or behind.

Oh god. I REALLY dont want to do this anymore! Im more nervous about calling the test than I would be if I was riding it!

Where do callers usually stand?

Oh god. I REALLY dont want to do this anymore! Im more nervous about calling the test than I would be if I was riding it!

Where do callers usually stand?

lols theres nothing to be nervous about your just reading off a sheet of paper, just stand at the arena gate, if you get very nervous then ask the person at the gate to read instead:) i'm sure they won't mind

newrider.com