Calling all Albion Owners / Ex-Owners

M

Mareish

I have sat in my Albion just a handful of times, it was made to template as my horse is funny shape, I am very pleased with the comfort of the saddle and the fit.

My problem is, I have just cleaned it and all the dye is coming off and the underside has gone sort of 'porous' ?? If I were to show without a numnah there would be brown dye all over my white horse the minute she got warm !!!

I am disgusted at the quality of the leather, there is black showing through where any other leather has touched.

My eight year old Barnsby I replaced looked in nicer condition than this :mad:

Has anyone else had this sorth of problem with these? It is a K2 GP if that makes any difference.

Jo

ps I dont want to turn this into one of those threads slagging them off in general please, just need views on the leather quality from those that have them - thanks

Rea

Aug 31, 2007
I never had a problem with my albion, just had to sell it when it didnt fit anymore.

I know it was made especially for your horse but is there any chance you can take it back, you shouldnt be having a problem like that, you should complaint as it's faulty.

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Send it back and tell them what you think!

That shouldn't happen.

....and don't be fobbed off, Mr Belton and Ms Von Reibeck (sp?) charge enough as it is!

Roofio

Jul 23, 2006
West Midlands
A friend of mine has an albion in which the points of the tree were broken and digging into the horses back - nice!

afraid after hearing one or two stories about them i wouldn't touch them with a bargepole :eek:

M

Mareish

Yes they do Wally, I paid £1095 in total !!

If I wanted leather like this I'd have bought a Fieldhouse :mad:

I have left a message with Derby House, their saddle department lady wasn't there today but will ring me tomorrow (here's hoping!)

If I do get a refund, any idea's on saddles to fit my very downhill, wide spined connemara cross as it took ages to find one that fit this time and I have sold the emergency Wintec that I bought to use or the twelve week wait I had for it to be made :eek:

Remmy

Administrator
Nov 8, 1999
uk
If I do get a refund, any idea's on saddles to fit my very downhill, wide spined connemara cross as it took ages to find one that fit this time

YES.... a used Barry Swain with a half panel! Keep a look out on Ebay as they come around regular like! Would only look for the type with a 'half panel' though as this will sit correct on a connie back. Don't worry too much about width as this can be set up for you at Barry's workshop.

M

Mareish

Well the manageress was extremely helpful thus far and I have said I will return the saddle on Saturday, just means I am without a saddle whilst Albion are looking at it :(

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jane&Ziggy Calling it a day - updated Cafe 32
Native Lover Horse bodies considering calling Halt to horse events ( Horse and Hound) Competing 0
joellie Calling @Newforest!! Cafe 32
Kite_Rider Calling Flippo's Mum Cafe 6
Trewsers Calling all cob owners Horse Care 28
T Calling showing horse experts! "Riding horse" questions! Competing 22
N Calling all horse owners! Has your horse ever suffered from laminitis? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 0
T Found my new career calling haha Cafe 2
Gattino Horse 'calling' other horses when riding Cafe 12
Gimp Calling all fellow dieters... Cafe 20
Flipo's Mum Calling All Slim Folk - What are Your Eating Habits? - Help Me Out! Cafe 60
CheriFen horse calling other horse Training of the Horse and Rider 8
Flipo's Mum Should we stop calling people overweight? (Article on BBC News Today) Cafe 113
chickflick1066 Calling my fellow "curvy" laydeez! Cafe 22
annareeves0 Project horse ad calling to me .... Cafe 24
Mary Poppins Horses calling to each other Cafe 9
Frances144 Calling all Friesian fans! Cafe 0
ladywiththebaby Am calling the vet tomorrow Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 33
Trewsers Just start calling me Ricky......lol Cafe 3
Dark Storm Calling Buxton New Riders! Cafe 4
LauraGeeGee Calling Bit Experts. What are these? Tack & Saddlery 21
bitsnpieces Calling all Suffolk people! Cafe 7
Trewsers Calling all blondes please! Cafe 14
B Calling all barefoot gurus... Hoof Care 7
beakysian Calling all RS riders - sympathy please, lesson cancelled AGAIN!!!! Cafe 15
Dark Storm Calling all dog owners in the Nottingham?Lincolnshire area.. Cats, Dogs and other Animals 0
CMP Calling Scottish Borders Peeps!! Cafe 15
Midnight_Ashes Calling any new riders/newbies etc? Training of the Horse and Rider 10
Trewsers Calling all sheepy experts! Cats, Dogs and other Animals 30
Princess Anne Calling all Criollo Owners/Riders! Other Disciplines 32
L Calling all you good Essex people!!!!!!!!!! Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 8
TEmily Calling all shopping addicts - rug needed please help! Cafe 6
me_n_super_abby Calling singletons, come in.... Cafe 14
Midnight_Ashes Calling all ickle pony owners! Cafe 8
Midnight_Ashes Calling all welshie experts.... Competing 21
C Calling all white horse owners! Amazing news!! Cafe 10
LokiSofi calling colour experts Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 7
B Calling all Dales/Fell owners Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 5
fairlady Bad day and Horses calling you!! Cafe 5
Midnight_Ashes Calling all loaners..... Cafe 8
HorseBird Calling Julz! Cafe 1
N calling those that know about saddles Tack & Saddlery 6
C Calling all Friesian owners.. Saddles Tack & Saddlery 1
L Calling those with sheep Cats, Dogs and other Animals 14
L Calling anyone with sheep Cats, Dogs and other Animals 2
angelfben Calling it a day Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 23
wondergirl Calling a test... Competing 11
Silly Filly Calling all Andi owners who show? Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 8
L calling all arab owners-need pics of your neds Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 19
B Calling all CHAPS/coloured horse people! Competing 3