Calling the Saddlers!

My thoughts are as follows - if I can put quite a wide gullet in I can drop it a bit lower to stop it looking like it's 'sitting up' like my current one. That would sort out my weight a lot better and stop it sitting right on his weak patch. I would get less wither clearance but still enough I think. Hopefully it will be wide enough at the back to spread my weight and dropping the front will make sure it doesnt bounce. I can then pad his withers where his muscles have wasted and allow him to grow out into the saddle.
In theory :rolleyes:
The only pitfall I can see so far is the possibility of it bridging. It looks to have a nice deep seat but dropping the front may lift the back off him completely or put two pressure points underneath where it doesnt follow the contour of his back.

Hence me asking you lot to help me :p

xxx

I think difference is in quality but also mostly the panels. I am pretty sure Gal thought the panels on the 500 were not acceptable. Where is Gal when you need her anyway?! ;)

thats the 500, and they do tend to be quite high in thg gullet. i got away with a medium on ambe rin the dressage 500, but a medium wide in the gp 500.

umm, in my experience, these saddles are very low in the pommel - do not generally give enough clearance.

so much conflicting information I know :eek: At least it's a flocked version - trust me, so much softer than cair!

Bit late now it's finished, but I would have gone for it.

The wither clearance is OK, verging on good. The tree is very curved, which is why galdriel didn't like it, but they would be ideal for Hector - not bridging.

There's always wintc 500 on there going cheap - keep looking. And the gullet can be bent in a bench-vice dead easily if it doesn't go wide enough

This

Think this one might be the same one, re-advertised

Wintec pro's a relovely, lovely saddles

And a cut back pommel Pro

You should be able to get a 500 for about £100, and a pro for about £150. If you can, and it doen't fit, you won't loose any money if you re-sell it.

newrider.com