Calm and Condition?

Lot1983

Oct 16, 2006
The Cotswolds
Have anyone used it?

I thought it was just a normal mix but aparently you have to add water to it, why? It it like sugar beet or is it more like normal coarse mix that needs wetting? Had a look on the website and it doesn't really explain that much.

I just thought with winter coming up it might be a good thing to start Henrick on it as I think it might be better than the topspec.

My friends feed this to their older boys aged 19 & 21 to keep them in better condition with out fizzing them up.

They only add a small amount of water.

They do only feed a cupfull though at the moment with a couple of handfulls of chaff & all ther add's.
A scoop of water between the 2 feeds. They always make up the feeds whilts the horses a cooling down after being ridden.

Last edited:
it needs a lot of soaking in my opinion, i fed it for a while and was always dubious about it. Didn't like it at all

yea needs to be soaked, if you put one of those big round scoops of calm and condition into a normal water bucket and fill it up, it will expand and soak all of the water up

I turns into like a bran type mush, really works keeping weight on her in winter and doesnt give her any fizz at all

We have a couple of TBs on it at the yard and they look great and work well. It looks like a balancer in small nut form, you use a small scoop of it and double it with water. Go off and do some chores and it's ready to feed. Ours have a handful of chaff added, another quick shot of water to it, mix and there you have it. I'd use it.

i started using it last winter and think its great! Pat who is uaually quite spindley/skinny is rather beefy this summer!!
It needs soaking for 10 mins 1 part feed to 2 parts water
The horses love it and they look great without the fizz :D

It only needs to be soaked for 5 mins, it expands to about double it's size so half a scoop would need a scoop of water - it depends how wet you want it. I add chaff so don't mind if it's still quite sloppy. I currently feed it with Alfa A oil and BOSS and Roo looks great on it. I know that the best thing for building muscle is the correct exercise but Roo's not being ridden at the mo due to being barefoot and having a multitude of foot probs (his only "exercise" is a daily 20-min march round the yard in his Soul Mates pads :rolleyes:), but he's holding his shape far better so far than before I started feeding C&C.

newrider.com