calmers

Aoife 123

Feb 5, 2020
Hi i am new I have a mare that can get very difficult to handle In the spring time due to her going into session my vet has recommended me to put her on a calmer to see dos it helps . Which calmer works the best for you? is it worth putting her on a calmer or am I just wasting my money?

Last edited:
I have had success with hormone calming supplements (rather than calmers) for my mare. Are you in the UK? I found Oestress by NAF was a good one, giving raspberry leaves starting early in the year (before seasons started) and continuing right though also helped (I didn't give both together).

What do they start doing, that they don't do when not in season.
Could it actually be the spring grass, coupled with more turnout, or are you out all the time.

Hi i am new I have a mare that can get very difficult to handle In the spring time due to her going into session my vet has recommended me to put her on a calmer to see dos it helps . Which calmer works the best for you? is it worth putting her on a calmer or am I just wasting my money?
I use magnesium for my cob I found it took the edge and excitement out of him it work miracles and still does

I tried lots of different things with madam over the years. Valerian cordial by Lincoln is okay, she does seem to respond to that. But not in an overly dramatic way, and I have read that at first it can make some horses worse for a while (it didn't with her). I haven't used it in a while but I do keep a bottle in stock.

Tks everyone for the advice everyone I decided to try a calmer called AnxiKalm Compete calmer hopefully it will work I only started it yesterday .

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com