Can anybody identify this saddle please?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Okay, I found this in my out-house when we moved in. Mr T cleaned it up over Easter - we both felt it deserved a polish. The poor thing had spiders and god only knows what living inside it..................!! I am just curious as it is small and has no name on it or anything? It is leather that is all I know! The tree is okay (I think).

Here goes:

IMG_0463.jpg

Does anybody know if all saddles usually have a name stamped on them? OH's dressage is a Ryder and mine is a DerbyHouse one (has the logo thingy on it). I am just curious about this one.................of course it is too small for my rear and wouldn't go near Storm! I might hang it up for decorative purposes...........

It's a handsome saddle for sure.

People who know more will say, but perhaps a local maker, in the days when such things existed?

It is a bonny looking thing, I feel awful for just leaving it in the state it was in, (its only taken me 6 years to get it cleaned up!). Mr T quite fancies having it as an ornament (we've got an equestrian theme going on!lol)

Never thought of the local saddle maker bit. That would be going back a while I am guessing? My great-great Grandfather was a saddle maker - but that was a looooong time ago................

Our neighbours ahve a lovely old farm house with ice skates hanging in the down stairs loo and saddles slung over sofas and it all looks great. My house would just look like a rubbish tip!

Our neighbours ahve a lovely old farm house with ice skates hanging in the down stairs loo and saddles slung over sofas and it all looks great. My house would just look like a rubbish tip!

Wow, ice skates, now that is random!lol. I am in the house so little I can stand it being a bit junked up!! It is so old and full of "curios" that I think the saddle will fit in. I have my old riding hats adorning the window sills in the bedroom!

Mine has similar, but they are not a design statement!
:unsure:

newrider.com