Can we start 2013 all over again???

tbaynancy

Jul 27, 2009
I don't think I'm the only one that's had a crap year this year .... wish I could just rewind the clock and start again.

My latest tale of woe (not looking for sympathy - just need a safe place to moan) involves my health, not Rusty's - fortunately.

For a few months I've had a small lump just beneath my left breast - went to the Dr. to get it checked out in January and she said it was nothing to worry about - probably just a fat lump (surprise, surprise!!) and if it bothered me from an appearance perspective, I could get it removed. Well, Victoria's Secret is not exactly begging me to model bikinis, so I said I'd just leave it.

On vacation last week in Florida, it swelled up to the size of an orange and was extremely painful. Went to the Dr. when I got home and was sent to ER. Dr. there cut it open (I presume, since I'd fainted by then) and then packed and bandaged me up. Turns out it was a cyst that became infected.

So, having just bought a new saddle before leaving on vacation, I"ve had my giant behind in it exactly once. No riding for me for a while, but I will get out to visit Rusty today after YO has brought them in for the evening (can't risk leading him myself in case he pulls me).

Thanks for listening to my long (and somewhat gross) whine! I have always taken my health for granted and feel betrayed by my body when stuff like this happens. I know there are far worse things in the world, but am now faced with the horrific problem of deciding what I can possibly wear to work on Monday when, at best, I can put a sports bra on. On top of all that - I'm invited to an awards luncheon where I have to present an award my company sponsored (so no jeans and sweatshirt).

I am sorry to hear this Nancy, I hope your not in too much pain with it?

Things are meant to try us and nothing is more important than health, I know that myself recently, can you not call in sick and have some r&r for a week?

Rusty and your new saddle will be there waiting for you the minute you feel better so don't stress:smile:

Oh Tbay, I'm so glad its nothing more serious, I was scared where you were going with that when I started reading! Equally, I know how you feel - when your body fails you, you realise how much we take it for granted. It sucks!
Something loose fitting will be best I would imagine. I don't know how well endowed you are in the booby department, but could you find one of those vest with secret supports in it - and wear a nice suit jacket over it? I'm useless with fashion stuff so probably should quit now lol!

It's not too painful as long as I don't do anything.

Unfortunately I am rather well endowed, so going without a bra is not optional. I've decided on a loose fitting silk blouse with a suit - the jacket should cover a multitude of sins and still look professional.

I worked from home on Friday (stupidly went in on Thursday). Should be feeling better soon.

Just feeling a bit sorry for myself but a snuggle with Rusty in about an hour should fix me up. I'll bring him a nice big lettuce, so he'll like me for that.

Ouch, Had similar surgery, it's the invisible fence that you need around you, somone is bound to try and give you a hug! The thought of that still makes me cringe.

Hope is heals up quickly and you are a bit comfier.

Sounds awful, you poor thing xx

I had an infection removed from down below and packed the size of two fists the dr said and was so painful so feel for you xx

So sorry to hear about that - as others have said Rusty and your saddle will still be there, try to just look forward to that and get better. I think you deserve a medal for working, cos I am such a wuss and would probably need at least a week in bed after your ordeal! Lots of good wishes to you - hope you are 100% again soon!

You and me both TB, this year has been totally pants for me too!

Sorry to hear about your health though and hope you get better soon :smile:

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts. I'm feeling much better now. Was afraid I might have to cancel my mini-vacation this week, but won't have to. In to work this morning then leaving at noon to drive to Hayward, WI.

A horsey friend and I did a clinic with Juli last year, and we're going back for another session Wed & Thurs this week. here's a link to her webpage: http://www.epala.org/horseworkshops-clinics-training.php

She's an amazing person and her facility is so peaceful. She has a number of rescue horses, some of which she uses in her program, and some just to live out there lives peacefully.

newrider.com