Can you believe it?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Baby Boo will be THREE in April!!! :eek: I really should do a bit of desensitising with him this summer and maybe start getting him used to things like rollers.... mebbe even a bit of introductory long-lining in the autumn. I haven't even bitted him yet. I looked at him today and although he was soggy, filthy and bedraggled, his face doesn't look so baby-ish any more. I think he's a whopping 13.2hh now! :p

He's grown a bit!!!

Last edited:
They grow up so fast don't they! Mouse is 5 this year :eek: and I can't quite believe that the foal who was born the first spring I lived here, and who used to be Mouse's best buddy and was smaller than him, is now a strapping 15.2 who has been backed and is about to start competing in the 4-year-old classes... It is amazing how you don't realise they are growing up, and then suddenly it hits you!

My D is 4 this year :eek: ... This time last year she was a wild child living out with a large herd of mares and fillies untouched. March, she got brought in and had work started. By Easter she was backed. Then by middle of May she was moving well in walk and trot and had had a couple of canters.

She's been a bit abandoned again recently due to dark nights, time and weather but soon to come in for TLC and work again. A friend is visiting me later this month, and I've suggested she can get on board for a wander... Unfortunately, D is quite energetic when she's not been worked so I have a feeling things may go upwards and forwards more than just forwards!

Oh my where is that 'in love' smiley when you need it. He is adorable but I can't believe how time has flown!

newrider.com