Can you help me find a rug to suit please?

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
I'm ready to scream and pull out all my hair. I'm after a lightweight rug for my little man. He has a mediumweight already. I now realise why I don't do rugs as this is driving me insane :help:

It must be:

4ft 6inches
Up to 100gr fill. * I DON'T WANT A NO FILL* this is the difficult bit!
Not pink!
It must have leg straps rather than a fillet string
Either high or standard neck but NOT a combo.

Any help would be gratefully received :redface:

Sorry... mis-read :redface: You DON'T want no fill... :redface:

*must try harder* :giggle:

Am not sure what weight they are but the Landa light weight medium rugs are good.

And they come in blue with a tiny bit of claret colour..... I'll see if I can find you a link somewhere

Thank you so much everyone I'll get onto those leads today. I just want to be prepared as the little man needs a bit more looking after these days bless him.

I always thought a no fill would be better for a horse with coat and not flatten it.
Am I wrong? I will hold off buying the no fill rugs I intended to for now.
I am not very clued up on rugs as I have never really rugged much but I am getting soft in my old age!

I always thought a no fill would be better for a horse with coat and not flatten it.
Am I wrong? I will hold off buying the no fill rugs I intended to for now.
I am not very clued up on rugs as I have never really rugged much but I am getting soft in my old age!

I guess it's a matter of opinion. Mine is that a no fill will flatten the coat, even a no fill will pull all off it's weight down on the back and flanks and pull when the pony moves, so I need some filling in it to compensate. At the end if the day though, all we need to do is pop a hand under their rug and see if they are warm enough. I would have him in a no fill in this warmer weather if he needed it but he's warm enough despite the rain so I'm thinking ahead for the slightly colder weather. Nothing wrong with having a no fill for now if they need it and a lightly filled rug for later. I may well need a no fill for rain next summer but not this year.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. Mine is that a no fill will flatten the coat, even a no fill will pull all off it's weight down on the back and flanks and pull when the pony moves, so I need some filling in it to compensate. At the end if the day though, all we need to do is pop a hand under their rug and see if they are warm enough. I would have him in a no fill in this warmer weather if he needed it but he's warm enough despite the rain so I'm thinking ahead for the slightly colder weather. Nothing wrong with having a no fill for now if they need it and a lightly filled rug for later. I may well need a no fill for rain next summer but not this year.

Thanks for that. I hadnt really thought of it like that. I have a brand new mw in case I clip him but think his other one is a no fill. Must buy him another one just in case. Its like an obsession!!

Don't use the 'O' word :giggle:

I'm not one for rugging but the little man is going to need it this year. I've seen how quickly rugs can turn very ordinary normal people into obsessives and suspect I'll be prone to that if I let it :help:

Don't use the 'O' word :giggle:

I'm not one for rugging but the little man is going to need it this year. I've seen how quickly rugs can turn very ordinary normal people into obsessives and suspect I'll be prone to that if I let it :help:

I only rug if its really, really wet. But one of the ponies who has had laminitis on and off shivers when its wet and cold even at this time of year.
I keep lookin at rugs and just have this URGE to buy them. Even the house dogs have Weatherbeeta rugs.:help:

I saw a fab rug advertised in Native Pony mag.
Its got strips on the inside to hold it off the coat and can even be put on wet.
I want one but fear the price of them would give me heart failure.

newrider.com