Cant believe what i was seeing....

That is a poor sad horse with no joy in his work, or his soul. It's a good job I stay at home or I'd have been in that ring telling him his pedigree.

I have just seen the video :( my jaw hurt just watching it! Now I know nothing about reining but surely they still abide by FEI rules and one rule is you a prohibited to jab a horse in the mouth. What is the point of having officials overseeing the warm up arena if the riders are able to do what they want without consequence?

wasn't nice to watch, would have liked to have put the bit in his mouth and hauled on it and see how he reacted.

i have never seen this before but certainly would never want to see it again if that's the way they ride.

A friend who does Western says it flies in the face of the whole ethos of Western Riding, she was ashamed of him.

That example is bad enough, but tbh I don't see any of the horses in the background having a fun time of it either, I don't know anything about reining and to be honest I don't want to know, it looks like an awful sport!

That's horrific! Poor horse! I don't get it, he is doing what has been asked of him by stopping, why oh why is the guy then yanking on his mouth? I don't get it! What is all the yanking meant to achieve?

So horrible, the horse looks broken - mind, body and spirit - poor thing.

What makes me most angry is the threats he made to Epona if they showed the video! If he's that ashamed of himself.........

Disgusting. And the horse seemed to have some sort of injury (bandages leg?) should it be worked like that?

'UGLY'..........the whole thing is just plain UGLY !!!

If he does that with a 'well trained' horse I hate to see what he is
doing with his up and coming youngsters !!

Such arrogance and cruelty, goes against everything that, as I understand it, western riding is about. :cry:

newrider.com