Cant seem to find a loan horse

Libbylou

Jan 20, 2010
Norfolk and good
Im D!s-heartened about searching for a loan horse, I cant seem to find anything. I discussed lwvtb for the right horse so people know Im not thinking short term

I found one in Ipswich, tried it twice with instructor, was meant to go back for a hack but then the person has arranged with her friend to have it, have a viewing for one of redwings horses on wed and a possible viewing at the weekend for an Arab.

I being open to distance to travel but there seems to be nothing out there....

WHW have nothing, ive applied to Darley, wont consider the ones that want £500 plus to loan.

Im trying
preloved
HHO
equine adverts
horsemart
horsedates

Any more ?.....:cry:

Have you tried putting a wanted ad in local tack shops etc? and maybe one in the EDP? Someone might be toying with the idea and seeing a well written ad might just push the decision for them?

The one you tried in Ipswich, where was it as i may know which one you are talking about? PM if you prefer.

I know exactly what you mean! Thats why I started looking to buy as there just didn't seem to be any loans out there! People kept telling me, "oh just wait until winter comes, people will be happy to put horses on loan then" but winter has nearly gone and its no different!

I've had wanted ads up to loan since November and nothing. BUT I'm looking for something more specific than you so you may have better luck.

I also have ads in local tack shops, Horse Gossip, Adtrader and Horsedates - maybe put a few more 'out there'.

Good luck!

What sort of thing are you looking for and are you open to changing the parameters of the search?

When I decided to get a riding horse on loan after I retired Dolly, I wanted a 15hh chestnut Arab gelding. But there aren't many of those available for loan so I just started looking for anything that was sound and healthy with a nice personality and wound up with Nelly who's a 15.2hh bay ISH and I'm delighted with her - she's greener than I'd planned but very keen to learn, intelligent, sensible and game to try new things.

Good luck! :)

There is a gorgeous mare for full loan (to move) on our yard, currently there is a potential loaner in hull but she's dragging her feet abit if it falls through I will let u know! I'm not sure what u are looking for and if this mare suits but I will def let u know if it falls through!

What sort of thing are you looking for and are you open to changing the parameters of the search?

When I decided to get a riding horse on loan after I retired Dolly, I wanted a 15hh chestnut Arab gelding. But there aren't many of those available for loan so I just started looking for anything that was sound and healthy with a nice personality and wound up with Nelly who's a 15.2hh bay ISH and I'm delighted with her - she's greener than I'd planned but very keen to learn, intelligent, sensible and game to try new things.

Good luck! :)

Im looking for something thats sane to get out and about on, will hack in company/alone and school to do possibly some low level dressage comps locally, beach/wood rides....

Not fussed on size, mare or gelding would like something under 15yrs old just dont want to go down the same route as I did with LL.

Dont mind if it needs bringing back into fitness after the winter we have had, would like to come with a saddle if difficult to fit, otherwise I have a wintec gp, bridles, rugs etc...

how about -

HARRY

Harry is a 15.2hh Thoroughbred and is only 10 years old. He has been with us for just over a year now and we have brought him back into work slowly. Before he came to us he had bone spavins in both hocks, he has been sound for all the time he has been with us now. He is worked three to four times a week.

Due to his spavins Harry can only carry a maximum weight of 9 stone 7 pounds. He can perform a very nice dressage test (including flying changes) and would make a nice riding club type of horse - for the right rider as he can be sharp. He will hack alone and in company. He is only shod in front as he is not happy having his hind feet fitted with shoes, probably due to the spavins. He is also not to be jumped.

Of all the horses we have had on the yard Harry has the most character, he is a real people person. If you want a horse to love and cuddle and give it all back to you - Harry is your man. He will follow you round the field and help you to muck out his field or his stable. If anyone is going to pick anything up or play with anything it will be Harry.

At our recent Open Show, Harry won the In Hand Rescue Horse and came second in the Ridden Rescue Horse. He stood tied to the trailer for the afternoon quietly munching on his haynet and was our best behaved horse. Harry is looking for that special person who will appreciate him.

www.horserescuefund.org.uk - norfolk

they also had a wonderful old tb chestnut gelding, hack, just returned from loan home, looked a picture.....i didn't put him on due to his age but he looked fabulous

Slightly older than you're looking for but look and sounds lovely: http://www.adtrader.co.uk/pets-and-...is-in-need-of-a-permanent-kind_96071_cpn.html]

Excitable put me off a bit but worth a call

Hopefully going to see 26th, is advertised everywhere though...

Spoke to the lady last week but she feels an hour and half drive is too far away.

but thank you for posting, keep em coming.......

Found these as well

14.2 Piebald Gelding for Loan WVTB (170211)

looking for a confident rider as can be strong but not nasty. Excellent in traffic & with children & dogs as well as farrier, dentist etc. In light work at present but has plenty of energy & willing to learn. Presently in Bentley Suffolk but willing to move for the right person, please call after 6pm fpr more information. Fantastic nature, much loved but due to owners change in circumstances must go.

Michelle Hume
07951 530198 07951 530198
mousie_hume@yahoo.co.uk
Suffolk

loan/sell to good home

£ 0000

Mare
11 years
15hh - 15.3hh

Iv got a 15.2 hh thoughbred. Shes a perfect all rounder.excells in xcountry and sj.would concidering selling her to the right person.she is an exstremely special girl but due to my tnew job need to find her a good home or someone to loan her at mine. If you would like anymore info give me a call on my mobile :) thankyou x

jade
Email 07795248733 07795248733

Suffolk

Found these as well

14.2 Piebald Gelding for Loan WVTB (170211)

looking for a confident rider as can be strong but not nasty. Excellent in traffic & with children & dogs as well as farrier, dentist etc. In light work at present but has plenty of energy & willing to learn. Presently in Bentley Suffolk but willing to move for the right person, please call after 6pm fpr more information. Fantastic nature, much loved but due to owners change in circumstances must go.

Michelle Hume
07951 530198 07951 530198
mousie_hume@yahoo.co.uk
Suffolk

loan/sell to good home

On the same yard as previous one !

Mare
11 years
15hh - 15.3hh

Iv got a 15.2 hh thoughbred. Shes a perfect all rounder.excells in xcountry and sj.would concidering selling her to the right person.she is an exstremely special girl but due to my tnew job need to find her a good home or someone to loan her at mine. If you would like anymore info give me a call on my mobile :) thankyou x

jade
Email 07795248733 07795248733

Suffolk

Sounds worth a call too.

Thank you !

Let me know how you get on and i will keep looking. If you want me to come with you to any of the ones in Ipswich let me know! :smile:

Have a viewing tomorrow for a redwings horse and a ex racer but not raced for many years.

Also spoke to a member on here regarding their horse for lwvtb who the more I think about the more I cant wait to meet them, so hopefully Im going to try to get to them this w-end or next, not sure I want to wait till next though !

Called the TB that innocence posted and they want to keep her at their yard but will have a think and let me know.

If anyone sees anything they think would be of interest please post or let me know.

thank you.

It's so hard looking for a loan horse and so disheartening when you've been looking for ages! I had to search for months on end before anything came up, and when it did, it was a friends horse!

When i'm not looking for one, I get emails all over the place offering me beautiful horses that would be ideal for me, sods Law isn't it!

But keep looking, and good luck for your viewings :) the perfect one will come up for you i'm sure x

newrider.com