Cantering is so much fun

Mountain Horse

Jul 24, 2003
New Forest, UK
Visit site
Over the past few weeks I have been cantering more and more while out on hacks and quite a few times have been really unbalanced and therefore tensing up and bouncing around.

To day was fantastic and for some reason it just clicked and I could begin to enjoy myself. It is a much smoother gait if you allow it to be and not worry about falling off so much. I had a bad and painful lesson a few months ago which really knocked my confidence with cantering but now nothing will stop me!!!

Now looking forward to going to a horse trials tomorrow, I'll be taking part in cross-country soon!!!!! Well maybe it will be a few years yet. :)

Brilliant, I love hearing your positive atitude. I love cantering too, even if it is on a pony with a choppy stride. Its just such a fast and flowing stride, and although you to move so freely with the horse.

I have been riding for a while, but I'm not taking lessons cuz they are to much $...but anyways, I have never cantered before in my life! My way of thinking is...if everyone says it's so awesome, then I have something to get my hopes up for! I can't wait! Haha, I also love your attitudes...later! -Me- :D

newrider.com