Carrot stick giving a slap

Jay.o

Aug 15, 2002
Berkshire
Visit site
Whenever I play the friendly game with Mysy and wave the savvy string, the leather bits always 'slap' against her side as it flips over. She doesnt seem bothered by it, so should I? I always do it lightly and gently toss the string over her back but nearly all the time it slaps!

And....a new revalation :)D). When i play the porcupine game, Mysy always used to bite the carrot stick. I used to but it higher and hold it harder on her chest because of this - it didnt get me anywhere. SO today, I was playing it and I placed it on her chest and back she went. I played a bit more of other games, and then again, I pointed, placed and she went back. I think she was biting as a result of me putting too hard to soon (no way phase four, but i forgot about phase 1 and possibly 2 aswell)

I have learnt sometihn new and we are both now benifitting form it!

Jay.o., i think everyone's leather popper does this, its great that Mysy isn't bothered by it and you shouldn't be either, it shows she trusts you and knows you're not going to do anything to hurt her.

Well done with your porcupine too, its common to forget about phases 1 and 2 until you get a response at phases 1.

I was doing a pushing passenger lesson with Jack today, it was fun to let him decide what to do instead of me telling him what to do all the time.

My leather popper slaps too. Neither of my two are bothered at all by it but I was also a little concerned that maybe I was doing it wrong but I got my friend to do it on my arm and although it slapped you couldn't feel it at all. I just think now if they didn't like it they'd let us know! They trust their not going to get hurt so I think they don't even notice it, just us being paranoid!!:D

Yes it's fine if the carrot stick 'slaps' a little, I went to watch the level 1 course at the Unicorn centre taught by Inge Sainsbury, and when she used the carrot stick in friendly game it slapped a little. :)

Hope that just confirms it for you!

Rachel

newrider.com