Cat wee in ballet pumps

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Rosy rue came padding out of the utility room the other morning looking really pleased with herself. I later went in there and found a puddle and then one of my ballet pumps with a larger puddle inside it. ? She's part of our feral six so not a house kitty. Not at all stressed (cos I know they do things like that if upset). She's the friendliest of the bunch and always comes to give me a lot of weaving and leg rubbing in a morning - and will allow me to stroke her. Hmm. The pumps were pretty worn out - maybe she was just trying to tell me to buy new ones?! Or just marking her territory?! Any ideas kitty owners?

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
Rosy rue came padding out of the utility room the other morning looking really pleased with herself. I later went in there and found a puddle and then one of my ballet pumps with a larger puddle inside it. ? She's part of our feral six so not a house kitty. Not at all stressed (cos I know they do things like that if upset). She's the friendliest of the bunch and always comes to give me a lot of weaving and leg rubbing in a morning - and will allow me to stroke her. Hmm. The pumps were pretty worn out - maybe she was just trying to tell me to buy new ones?! Or just marking her territory?! Any ideas kitty owners?
I reckon she’s telling you to buy some new ones! A girl can never have too many shoes after all.

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers
Little minx, has she just got stuck inside and caught short? Our old cat used to pee inside, it started when there were cats around outside who were picking on her and she just didn’t want to go out

Scratchy wee'd twice on my brother bed. We had to keep covering it up or he was put out if we went out the house. Since weve been on lockdown and weve been here hes been given more time in the house, so far no more issues in that department.

Still not sure if he was territory marking as he sensed my brother not being an animal lover. I think he may have picked up on this and got revenge.
His wasnt because he got caught out as the window was open both times, but it was only a month or so since he was allowed to venture in. So some of his could be uncertainty.

Someone i work for had one of there cats weeing in the dining room rug that was under the dining table and on the table. They took the rug up in the end as they tried masking with sprays but it didnt work. Since they took it up the weeing stopped. Some of it was definitely stress. They found next doors cat snuck in the cat flap and was upstairs a few times. I suggested they get one of those microchip flaps. Thats kept next doors out, so calm has been restored that way too.

Little minx, has she just got stuck inside and caught short? Our old cat used to pee inside, it started when there were cats around outside who were picking on her and she just didn’t want to go out

Yeah maybe she did just get caught short! I'll be keeping my house shoes in the house now, not leaving in the utility room - don't want to bin another pair lol
That's understandable with your cat - did she sort herself out in the end?

Scratchy wee'd twice on my brother bed. We had to keep covering it up or he was put out if we went out the house. Since weve been on lockdown and weve been here hes been given more time in the house, so far no more issues in that department.

Still not sure if he was territory marking as he sensed my brother not being an animal lover. I think he may have picked up on this and got revenge.
His wasnt because he got caught out as the window was open both times, but it was only a month or so since he was allowed to venture in. So some of his could be uncertainty.

Someone i work for had one of there cats weeing in the dining room rug that was under the dining table and on the table. They took the rug up in the end as they tried masking with sprays but it didnt work. Since they took it up the weeing stopped. Some of it was definitely stress. They found next doors cat snuck in the cat flap and was upstairs a few times. I suggested they get one of those microchip flaps. Thats kept next doors out, so calm has been restored that way too.

My friend had to get a microchip cat flap thingy. It's a good idea if others are trying to sneak in.

Yeah maybe she did just get caught short! I'll be keeping my house shoes in the house now, not leaving in the utility room - don't want to bin another pair lol
That's understandable with your cat - did she sort herself out in the end?
Not really, mum tried all sorts to break the habit, carpet removed, sofa covers replaced, deterrent sprays. In the end mum relented and put out a litter tray, at least it was easier to manage that way.

• Sad
newrider.com