cheapest chaff & oil?

posie

Honey's slave...
Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
www.barkscotland.com
if you only feed chaff to bulk feed out what do people find is the best value for money one?

also oil - currently using soya oil from feed merchant and all my local tesco's don't stock it so can't get it cheaper - would moving to a veg oil or sunflower oil do the same job for her?

Thanks x

I buy alfa a @£11 but I think you can get plain chaff for £4 something -I also but pure soya oil from Harbro and I can't remember how much it is(just over £10 I think) I feed a cup a day and the bag lasts ages

Corn Oil is quite good. Its more expensive that sunflower or vegatable but it has a better balance of omega 3 and 6's for horses.

I use Hi Fi original and whilst it is more expensive per bag it is so tightly packed that I find it goes much further than a regular bag of chaff.

I've dropped jez chaff intake down and he is now only getting in his p.m. feed and not brekkie, saves both time and money.

With regard to oil, I go for regular vegetable oil cheepie supermarket own brands.

i buy happy hoof 8.20 - its fairly cheap although all crop grown feeds have rocketed in price :rolleyes: and a 5ltr container of C.O.L for 7.99

Crikey you're getting that cheap. Cheaper in fact that I pay for it trade! We have rrp of £10.49 i think!!

Cheapest we sell is apple chaff at around £4 a bag. Very popular! Mollichop is usually pretty cheap, around £5.50.

i bought some chaff from farm and pet the other week, cant remember what its full name is..Leigh something lol, but yeah its got added mollasses and limestone flour and it only cost me £5.00 and it fills two big feed bins full to the brim ^_^

I buy 15 bottles of corn or vegi oil from lidls and ita less than a tenner!!

Also honey chop/molli chop are very cheap. I buy alpha a but it takes me a month to get through a full bag. Its about 10 quid a bag for alpha a at my feed store :eek:

Nikki xxxx

wow people! my alfa a oil is £10.49 (gone up £2... hmm) and happy hoof is about £8.... where are you all shopping? have i found a gem ;)
alfa a lasts forever as it is very tightly packed. actually annoys me that i cant get it out the bag when i need it... have to attack it with the scoop!
and my dh fibre nuts are £6.20

newrider.com