Chocolate mint sticks and eyelashes

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
In my never ending quest for easy ways to look nice, save money and impress Mr T I was wondering if anyone on here uses eyelash curlers? I have naturally long thick lashes but keep seeing loads of articles in magazines etc and they all use curlers - anyone have any thoughts? Plus it would save time and money on mascara when I'm making extra effort going into town etc. My lovely horses both have gorgeous long white eyelashes - it was the first thing my old Dad said about Storm when he met her for the first time:) How I am envious of their manes and tails too but that's another story...
Oh and mint sticks. Why. Why are they SO addictive?! With all this darn foot resting and Mr T helping me the mint sticks were probs not a good idea but man they are yum!!!:D

Your titles of threads always intrigue me Trewsers!

I have used eyelash curlers before, but I usually used them along side mascara ( back in the days when I bothered to care!!) Or Id use a clear mascara and the curlers.

Reactions: Trewsers
I never found curlers made a difference. I'm sure I saw somewhere that you should heat them with a hair dryer before using them?? I've always just used mascara. I find any mint based chocolate treat is addictive. Don't ever give me after eights!! :p

Yep use them along side mascara. You could always get them tinted if you dont want to use as much mascara!

Any choccy is addictive

I love my eyelash curlers, I have really long lashes but they grow straight out so it doesn't look like I have any! I curl them before applying a little mascara and it makes a big difference to me.
I find if I hold the curlers at the roots for a few seconds and then work my way along the lash curling in stages I get the best results.

Do the lash curlers do any harm? You know I was just thinking - a lot of the beauty things we use damage us, like hair straighteners (which I try to keep to a minimum). I've never heard anything particularly bad but just thought I'd ask......

Oh dear - my mother always used them, but she used tons of make-up anyway. I've never used them, and haven't bothered with mascara for years, so I'm not much use. Why not buy a pair, they don't cost much, and try them on one eye and see if you can see a difference. I wouldn't touch the heated ones, though - they sound far too dangrous.

I seem to remember the only thing had to be careful was not to hold on for to long as the lashes stuck to it! I tended to use short sharp presses !

Eyelash curlers always make me think of A Clockwork Orange. You ain't putting anything metallic anywhere near my eyes! And now I am thinking about Terrys Chocolate Orange, yum!

Reactions: jovi_y2k2
I dont use eyelash curlers as i am lucky enough to have curly very long eyelashes (sorry) . I have heard that heated ones are good though.

as for mint chocolate..*drools* :)

My eyelashes are fairly short and straight - eyelash curlers just scare the bejesus out of me when they come towards my eye so I don't use them, if I use mascara, I find I can put a curl in my lashes by just using that tbh if I use the right stuff.

newrider.com