Christmas lists

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
Whats everyone asking or treating themselves and horses to this year? I'm really not feeling Christmas this year but my family keep asking what I want so ideas please!

I just want someone to give me £800 to get my ponies transported to England. Not that much to ask is it?

Hehehe I'm not buying our horses anything, I've just been into town and parted with £450 which was £200 my usual monthly vet bill which is ongoing due to long term meds, and the rest was bedmax, devil claw and pony nuts etc. I may relent and buy them a box of Stud Muffins nearer the time......:D
For me, for Christmas I'm hoping Mr T will buy me something from Hillside Animal Sanctuary or one of the other charities we support. I'm easily pleased and he knows I'll love anything from them. For him I'll be adding to his toby jug collection:oops:

I'm not actually doing Christmas. The cob probably wants a pin up if her favourite stallion- that's ALL of the species then!

But I am in negotiations with a few things I don't need so that's a treat right. :D

I would like:

New stock pin (a really sturdy one)
Lemieux merino wool half lined numnah
New bridle
Hip flask
Alcohol for hip flask (Glayvar would do)
Warm non-shrinking riding socks
Warm but smart riding gloves
Self cleaning horse
New car

This give you any ideas?

Reactions: Trewsers
I'll be treating Jess and myself to a visit from the saddler :p my flocking needs a tweak now she's finally getting built back up.
I don't want for much else, maybe the led breastplate should go on my list.

ooh well i have a birthday close to christmas and have just had a dressage saddle and gatehouse chelsea hat as a combined early pressie so i cant complain!

if i were lucky enough to get any other pressies id love some dressage Tbar leathers and another ariat top - i have one of the ariatek fleecelined winter tops and its very light and thin but lovely and warm.

Not seen @domane reply, looks like it's disappeared.

@CharliesAngel a new saddle and a new hat, wow you are very lucky!!

I'm thinking of a leather headcollar with her name engraved on as she's got a cheapo purple one at the moment which really doesn't suit her.

Some good ideas @Bodshi I've already got a hip flask, I call it my jumping juice out hunting :p got some nice ariat winter warm gloves I really like and smart enough to hunt in. Maybe a new hat since I really need one after taking a bad tumble a few weeks ago. She already has new bridle, breastplate, saddle, numnah and she's not the sort of horse to bring up or I'd usually look at Crystal browbands. I'm normally boot mad too but she doesn't wear boots either.

???
Where has @domane's reply to me gone and my response?
Is this forum eating posts.
I haven't replied to this thread.... You're not going mad, there never was anything from me here.

Dom and I haven't bought gifts for each other for years....well, certainly nothing that comes out from under the tree Christmas morning. So, I don't have a list. No point. :p

I've already got a hip flask, I call it my jumping juice out hunting :p

I'd love to take a hip flask hunting, to keep warm if nothing else. How do people manage who are driving though? What with a port before you set off and two port (or sloe gin/mulled wine etc) stops during, I think that's enough alcohol for me lol.

I'd love to take a hip flask hunting, to keep warm if nothing else. How do people manage who are driving though? What with a port before you set off and two port (or sloe gin/mulled wine etc) stops during, I think that's enough alcohol for me lol.
Someone else drives ;-)

Yep someone else drives I never have 1 drink if I'm driving myself let alone trailer. OH does all the driving leaving me to glug away :p

Yep someone else drives I never have 1 drink if I'm driving myself let alone trailer. OH does all the driving leaving me to glug away :p

Haha, wish I had a nominated driver! I am always the driver and ironically the friend who I bring with me is teetotal so she doesn't have a drink anyway :)

I'm just having a wool-buying jag. I knit, and sometimes I find I just can't stop buying the stuff, as if I am hoping to make a nest out of it. I have to hide it from my OH!

Reactions: orbvalley
newrider.com