Clever boy and another issue

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
He wasn’t quite as keen beans yesterday. Trotted up the hill sencibly. Nothing to put my finger on tho. Today brought him and groomed and he was randomly snapping at his front leg. Put saddle on and he got increasingly upset. Acting like there was a fly. I’m a terrible mum. When I looked he has a cut and some swelling. Just above his knee. Looks very much like a kick. There had been high jinx in the field where his buddy got free, yesterday morning and it is not a fresh cut. Sure it must have happened then.

Poor boy was telling me there was an issue. Once I found it he settled back to eating happy again. So he got lots of cuddles and oh you poor soldier. He now has a poultice on as I couldn’t quite see if there was a puncture wound under the scab and it was too nippy to get to it properly. I will go back up in a couple of hours to see.

Realised that pic dosnt show where it is really. Just above the knee on the inside. I had left a poultice on, it had slipped down a bit but done the job of removing the dried bit. I have left it open tonight. The middle boy looks deeper and I’m worried it’s a puncture and I want it to drain. I’ll ring vets when they open at 8.

So long as it’s not looking gookie, isn’t hot and isn’t close to a joint I probably wouldn’t have the vet. Just ply with manuka honey and keep a close watch.

I don’t have honey. I will pop in to the chemist tho and see if they have any as that is a good idea.

Reactions: Jessey
I have just had a brain wave after searching for honey. He was given it by the vet after a nasty wound on his elbow. He LOVED the taste and licked it off every time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey
I am amazed. He normally heals very slowly. He has had blood tests a couple of times to try and see why and nothing ever found. Anyway.m, It is barely a scuff this morning. 😊 I had put sudocrem on yesterday for the field. It looked great at night last night so I put more on overnight. Tack may come out tonight!

newrider.com