Clinton Anderson??

i havn't used the colt breaking on my guys, i have used some of his other stuff though and had great results. i have a friend who is going to use his methods to break her 3yr old next spring though. i love C.A personally i am actually going to see him this weekend!

I have seen the 'Road To The Horse' Colt Starting Challenge dvd and he certainly is a character, using bull whips and guns :p (to desensitise the horse :rolleyes: )

We also have a book and video on the (Kell) Jeffrey method, which is what he practices. It is quite unusual, laying on the back of the horse and rubbing them all over, but very effective.

I would love to see him over here, in the UK ;)

Last edited:
I was interested in finding out more about him but it really bothered me that he makes money endorsing the electroshock collar for cribbers. As a celebrity trainer he has a certain responsibilty. Him endorsing BC like that just makes it more likely that people will actually buy it and use it.
I don't think his ethical values would be compatible with mine so I didn't pursue it further. :rolleyes:
I do love Richard Maxwell instead. :) Had great results with his book and suggestions so far...

newrider.com