Clipper blade sharpening

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Who do you use? Did a search but can only find donkeys old threads. Really want to post mine tomorrow in the hopes of getting them back by Saturday ready to clip for a ride on Sunday (nothing like leaving it until the last minute :rolleyes:) it's for whal clip on blades.

My local feed store used to take them in and then they were collected once a week returned the following week. They dealt with listers. They went bust though. So I found the saddlery/tack store do the same. I dropped mine off a couple of months ago for service and sharpen. It took two weeks to get back. I think listers collect then drop back the next week. Pick up any new that have come in.
If it were me needing an emergency clip I'd use as is and accept it might not be the best clip but will still be better to get off what I can and then send off. Failing that just order some new blades. To send off and get back would be pushing it I think. No idea where you send Wahl.

Just had a look and blades received between Monday and Friday are sharpened and sent out again on the same day they arrive with them!

I think it's shearease I've used in the past, they just seem to be double the price of others.
I messaged a company through ebay, they said they can do the clip on ones and it's same day turnaround :) so if I post first class today they should get then Tuesday or weds and I'll have them back weds/Thursday :) I would prefer to use a company on recommendation but needs must, I just won't send all my blades at once just in case, unless anyone else has any ideas?

UK Countrystore are fab and quick. If you go on FB they have a 20% discount at the mo. Clippersharp are also good.

UK Countrystore are fab and quick. If you go on FB they have a 20% discount at the mo. Clippersharp are also good.
Uk Country store don't do my type of blades (I have the wide ones) :( and I'd totally forgotten about Clippersharp. Have now paid the ebay company and am sending the worst 2 sets of blades, fingers crossed they do a good job, if they do for 4.99 I will be a happy bunny :)

newrider.com