clipping and cushings

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
The boy has cushings, last year I remember been worried sick about him . As if I out him in anything heavier then a fleece and 100g he would just be dripping!! :( yet there was the whole if he sweats he will then get cold but if he isn't warm enough he will lose weight.. It happened quite a few times. So I am.debsting about clipping him was thinking of a bib . Just to take off where he normally gets too hot.

But I can't never decide lol!

I clip to requirements. Last year I tried for the sweaty bits being taken off and just ended up taking everything but his legs and head off as he was comfort that way.

This year I want to try and get him through winter without a neck rug so I'm going to try a clip that leaves the top of the neck on similar to a trace

IMG_5275.JPG

Reactions: lauren123
Luckily I've never needed to clip Chloe. Must be her medication because although hairy she isn't sweaty hairy. She is retired tho so not like she's expected to do any work.

@Trewsers it's just luck of the draw which symptoms they show & how well those symptoms are controlled by prascend. Sometimes the ones who have trouble regulating body temperature will sweat just standing in a field doing nothing & if that's the case there's almost no choice but to clip.

@Trewsers it's just luck of the draw which symptoms they show & how well those symptoms are controlled by prascend. Sometimes the ones who have trouble regulating body temperature will sweat just standing in a field doing nothing & if that's the case there's almost no choice but to clip.

I am very lucky with her I feel. The prascend really does seem to work in every way for her. Until I read about other people's experiences I had no clue as to how complicated an ilness in some ways it could be. Just grateful she is in a good place now health wise:) she is a good companion:)

Another one to vote for waiting :) I would perhaps rug less, if he is sweating then he doesn't need lots of rugs. I guess also he was much more stressed so he may have been sweating from anxiety with less turnout time?

If you were doing a lot of riding then I've think about it a little more, but sweating when not in work can be managed by less rugs :)

newrider.com