Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

I won't join in the cheese chat because I just like the really boring mild stuff you get on pizzas, maybe mozzarella?

This is growing on my muck heap, can anyone identify it? 103064

Reactions: Trewsers
Jump out of bed to another flippin phone call at 7am this morning this time telling me a cow was out. We checked the location we were told it was, nothing. Although we did find a couple of cow prints in the mud on the wrong side of the fence. So they we go off to find the cows who are the other side of the hill all spaced out. Trying to find them all on the banks with all the gorse and trees is become impossible now. So its taken and hour and a half to find 18 cows, but all present and correct. Ive also manged to get them all together to check round each and everyone.
A few days ago i get a call telling me ones got an abcess to the side of its tail. So i look at the cows i can find as a was riding round the hill and saw nothing. They also gave me a number of a cow i dont even have a tag for. As i hadnt managed to check all cows i was concerned.
Last week i get a call telling me i have lame cow. Im given a number so know which one to look for but no lameness i can see. That was another hour checking.

Its like 3 calls in the last 10 days all of which seem to be wasting my time.
Dont get me wrong i do appreciate the calls and most have been genuine, but just at the moment im not appreciating them.

Jump out of bed to another flippin phone call at 7am this morning this time telling me a cow was out. We checked the location we were told it was, nothing. Although we did find a couple of cow prints in the mud on the wrong side of the fence. So they we go off to find the cows who are the other side of the hill all spaced out. Trying to find them all on the banks with all the gorse and trees is become impossible now. So its taken and hour and a half to find 18 cows, but all present and correct. Ive also manged to get them all together to check round each and everyone.
A few days ago i get a call telling me ones got an abcess to the side of its tail. So i look at the cows i can find as a was riding round the hill and saw nothing. They also gave me a number of a cow i dont even have a tag for. As i hadnt managed to check all cows i was concerned.
Last week i get a call telling me i have lame cow. Im given a number so know which one to look for but no lameness i can see. That was another hour checking.

Its like 3 calls in the last 10 days all of which seem to be wasting my time.
Dont get me wrong i do appreciate the calls and most have been genuine, but just at the moment im not appreciating them.
That’s a bit odd isn’t it? Is someone trying to jerk your chain?

I’m just home for coffee after doing the neds, I’ve bought a big net to put rounds out as part of my ‘bloody hell 4 horses I need to make life easier’ campaign ? I’m not convinced but I guess I’ll see how long this lasts
E80058F8-AE7B-4A61-9AC3-AC42D0715AB6.jpeg

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
That’s a bit odd isn’t it? Is someone trying to jerk your chain?

I’m just home for coffee after doing the neds, I’ve bought a big net to put rounds out as part of my ‘bloody hell 4 horses I need to make life easier’ campaign ? I’m not convinced but I guess I’ll see how long this lasts
View attachment 103065
Four have I missed one arriving?

Mine appears to poop in one place, excellent. Now to just train her to itch her bum on something other than next doors fencing, we will have a solved it!

To clip or not to clip. She's shedding and I am debating on a bib and belly her summer coat is thick.

Reactions: Huggy
Ive just come back from a drive and chunky is sweating. Nothing wrong with that, but chunky seems to be growing a very thick coat just now. Not sure if its his winter coat. He is moulting a bit but i think im going to have to whip it all off over the weekend. Hes absolutely filthy, all greasy and disgusting to touch too so i might have to give him a deep shampoo to tomorrow, then clip Saturday. But then he'll have to have his fly sheet on as the flies and horse flies are bad just now.

I have a thing about ploughmans at the moment and bought some Double Gloucester.
So question of the day is -

What cheese do you like?

The top of my list is Catherdral City, just looked it up and its Cornish - didn't know that. But that was more expensive so opted for my next favourite.
I used to like Red Leicester.
I love any cheese, good strong tongue tingling Lincolnshire poacher to soft and creamy Brie I love em all!
We had a wonderful cheese shop in our local town, one day I may venture in to see if it’s still trading.

My landlady just rang me to check I was okay after the fire at work. Had no clue what she was talking about so checked the news and there was a huge fire last night, actually just next door but took 8 engines 7 hours to control apparently. Rang my manager and everyone is okay which is a huge relief. My heart stopped when she said fire at work, it's my worst nightmare as they spread so quickly in garden centres. I believe they have lost alot and they are lovely people.

@Ale thank goodness everyone is ok, but what a terrible thing to happen. I hope the business can survive, times are hard enough as it is without something like this happening.

Just had Marmite flatbreads with left over clotted cream as a late breakfast, sounds dreadful but was actually very good.

Need to pop into town, but more nervous of the thought of needing a face covering next week than I would be. I am planning on using a scarf. But I have now lost the confidence I had developed. I am not alone in that thinking.
It's yet another late stage last minute add on and after all the other changes life has thrown at me, I am beginning to tire.
It can't be enforced accept the shop staff, so it falls to the business to stop people entering, just when they need people shopping!

And the cob is being a pest :)

• Sad
@Ale thank goodness everyone is ok, but what a terrible thing to happen. I hope the business can survive, times are hard enough as it is without something like this happening.
During early lockdown they bought in fruit, veg and other essentials and were providing those to anyone who needed them. Hopefully the community and my work will rally round to help them as much as we can in these hard times

Need to pop into town, but more nervous of the thought of needing a face covering next week than I would be. I am planning on using a scarf. But I have now lost the confidence I had developed. I am not alone in that thinking.
It's yet another late stage last minute add on and after all the other changes life has thrown at me, I am beginning to tire.
It can't be enforced accept the shop staff, so it falls to the business to stop people entering, just when they need people shopping!

And the cob is being a pest :)

Oh dear, and the cob was being so good!
I am wondering about wearing our snoods rather than masks. I haven't bought a mask yet but will do. Not that I plan on even getting out the car, the local shop just shove my shopping right into the boot. But at some point I'm going to have to face up to getting petrol in town. And that means filling the car and paying for it and going inside somewhere, I shall probably collapse with fear once I get back into the car.:(
You are not alone in losing confidence, really truly. I have mr t but I am still afraid to go anywhere even with him. I know it might sound ridiculous but there I've said it. I've got two furry snoods and two sort of stretchy light weight ones, originally bought for keeping my hair back in the wind in summer. But you can use them for all manner of things they are bit like those Buff things that someone on here used to use.

newrider.com