Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Ok so it was windy last night then.
Arrived at the field to see the cob in the middle of the track having a good munch.
Turns out some tape had blown out of the posts and she's stepped over it. It's still giving 8000 volts as I tested it. Needless to say she was thrilled to me, that's not sarcastic, she was. :)
On letting her out she had a roll in the roll spot and a dozed in the doze spot. Maybe she's been up all night.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Not poppies, they are wild flowers of the outer Hebrides, north Uist to be more precise, I think they’re actually clover, harebells, and lots of other wild things. I was inspired by some of my daughters photos from her trips up north.

Reactions: Trewsers
Not poppies, they are wild flowers of the outer Hebrides, north Uist to be more precise, I think they’re actually clover, harebells, and lots of other wild things. I was inspired by some of my daughters photos from her trips up north.

My brother lived there for years, I thought it looked almost familiar. :)

I won't buy it again. Nothing about it said quality. Yes it was chunky instead of the usual thin. But sorry to say it occasionally tasted ok and occasionally just a cheap one.
I often wonder how they get away with selling as chocolate when in fact it isn't anyway.

I have the start of a cold (NOT covid!) I came back after doing the horses, got a fleecy throw, snuggled down, and ate - 3 slices of toast, a chocolate bar, half pack of fruit jellies, a packet of crisps, and 2 biscuits. That's between 11am and 1pm. And the day is young.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers
I have the start of a cold (NOT covid!) I came back after doing the horses, got a fleecy throw, snuggled down, and ate - 3 slices of toast, a chocolate bar, half pack of fruit jellies, a packet of crisps, and 2 biscuits. That's between 11am and 1pm. And the day is young.

Hope you manage to shake the cold off - sounds like you've made a good start with all that food hahahahaa.

Reactions: Huggy
Today I lunged and then put some escaped tape back onto the posts.
It's 2020, have the companies not developed a way these things do not blow back out.
In fairness it snapped the top and it is very windy here. I think keeping the track will be entertaining over the winter. :)
But she hadn't stepped over it like yesterday.

I actually saw a bus with "Bus Full" on it. They won't even stop. Why can't the rest of the country follow suit? Why is my friend saying she sees crowded trains.

Been out chain harrowing the 21/2 acres i took the boys off last week. Hoping spreading the muck around will help grow some grass back on it before we need it for the cows in December.

Had to put in some more wooden fence posts to sub divide the area ive moved the boys to. They have both ballooned in the last couple of days. Couldnt get billys girth done up to start with today, noticed it was tight on friday. Ive noticed the rams have bulked up too. I reckon our wet August put some oomph in the grass. Its not very long but its really fattening. The only problem is if i dont move the fence they cut up the ground and eat it bare. So less likely to recover quickly. Not sure what to do for the best at present.

We're giving the boys very narrow strips of the lush grass, from about 10am til 4pm, and Hogan is flipping huge. He goes down overnight, but I haven't ridden since Thursday, not felt great, and he could really do with going out every day really.

newrider.com