Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Very quiet in ye olde coffee shoppe today.............................well for a few days.
Everyone welcome to share my cups of tea and Westray shortbread. And you're all welcome to tonight's chicken madras. Just bring something nice for pudding to share lol
I’ll happily join you for tea and shortbread! I adore good shortbread. One day I’m coming to tea for real you know.
You and Mr T can enjoy your madras in peace though. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Just having my cup of tea now as ive had too much sun and needed to get out of it. Need to go ride in a little while.
Ive been a little bit busy on a project. Yesterday afternoon we were clearing a fenceline, back on it again today. My arms are dropping off as ive been wilding the hedge cutter and bolt cutters. The hedge hasnt been touched for 30 years and we are starting to loose field now. We cant do to much as its the wrong time of year with the birds nesting but weve had to take the stock netting down between us and the neighbours so weve used the opportunity and cleared all the overhanging trees off the fence and whilst we were at it we removed the barb wire in the hedgeline. Its the last lot of barb wire round the property that was the boundry fence some 40 years ago. Weve slowly remove it all over the years. Weve probably taken out 100 metres in the last 2 days. Theyll be another 100 metres to do probably in a few years time but then that will be it. Rid of the horrible stuff.

Weve then got to put all the fence back up. Weve got a few strainers and post to replace as theyve rotted through to. Then i can finally get the sheep moved back into the field.
Whether that will happen this week im not sure as we might be back on hay making by the end of the week.

I've had too much sun today also! Just moved the fence in ales field and enjoying laying on the grass in the shade while the water trough fills up.

Had the busiest Sunday I've had in a while. Mowed the lawn and moved furniture this morning. Then cycled 20 miles visiting a friend, my parents and grandparents. All very social distanced of course!

I don't need human contact now I have a horse nose to stroke.
She's in season so very nickery.

Family are not local, and they don't want to risk coming to the coast to see me either.

No idea where all the visitors I am seeing are from, but I am not in contact with them. I can just see them all parked up.

What is this sun you are all speaking of??
It made an appearance briefly. But then so did the flies.
Now the breeze is back and the sun has gone.

Just a quick stop and cup of tea, as ive got to get ready to go to work. Busy morning mowed all the lawns this morning before it rains. Got billy out for a quick hack, and left chunky stood in as farrier was due. Went to check on the cows on my ride as well as someone had just phoned to say ones got an abcess on it. They gave a number of a cow which we dont even have so none the wiser which one it is. Didnt see anything. Used the opportunity to train Billy round the cows close up. Did a little video whilst i was there, so I'll post that up later if it looks any good. Will have to take another walk later and have another inspection of the cows. We were just riding back towards home, we popped a little log and ducked under the low trees. Just as i ducked i spyed some more cows layed under the trees. Billy obviously didnt. One moved to get up and Billy had a silly spin and i went out the side. Landed on my side and bruised my bottom, but otherwise fine. Think the body protector took the brunt on my side. Got back on and continued on my way.

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
Just a quick stop and cup of tea, as ive got to get ready to go to work. Busy morning mowed all the lawns this morning before it rains. Got billy out for a quick hack, and left chunky stood in as farrier was due. Went to check on the cows on my ride as well as someone had just phoned to say ones got an abcess on it. They gave a number of a cow which we dont even have so none the wiser which one it is. Didnt see anything. Used the opportunity to train Billy round the cows close up. Did a little video whilst i was there, so I'll post that up later if it looks any good. Will have to take another walk later and have another inspection of the cows. We were just riding back towards home, we popped a little log and ducked under the low trees. Just as i ducked i spyed some more cows layed under the trees. Billy obviously didnt. One moved to get up and Billy had a silly spin and i went out the side. Landed on my side and bruised my bottom, but otherwise fine. Think the body protector took the brunt on my side. Got back on and continued on my way.

Wow hope you're okay! Glad you had your bp on. It all happens so fast doesn't it.

Youch!

I tend to land on my bum. I was debating on updating the BP though. It will definitely go on to take her to the beach.

What brand are you thinking along the lines of? I need a new one as does OH. We contemplated the bodyarmour jacket again but they don't make those now.

Someone mentioned Ice cream, might have been me.
_20200713_192620.JPG
Anyway one of those tubs half price to £1.92, it will taste nicer if its a bargain.

Ive got the blue airowear one. Ive had two now. The first was two long in the body and kept bending up at the bottom as it hit the saddle. When i wore it out i went for a shorter back one, which they ordered in for me as im also short in the back. I actually need to update my second one. I dont know how often they recommend to change them but my 2nd ones got a 2009 beta label in it i think.

The latest standard is 2018, its 2020 now.
Mine is ten years old as I updated it before I backed the cob.

newrider.com