Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Just got in from work. We have loads of swifts flying around out here. Whats going on. They normally congregate here when they are flying off. Its a bit early yet for that. Unless we are due some horrible prolonged weather. Maybe they know something we dont.

Its been quite rainy up north so maybe theyve moved south for better climate.
There's definitely something going on - a lot of people are saying their horses are shedding their summer coat. I wonder if it's because we had it so hot so early?

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Little Un is shedding like mad and has dark patches where his winter coat is coming in. Round here the blackberries are ripe, the haws are turning red, leaves are starting to change colour, and farmers are harvesting. There's also a distinct nip in the air some mornings despite the heat of the day.

Little Un is shedding like mad and has dark patches where his winter coat is coming in. Round here the blackberries are ripe, the haws are turning red, leaves are starting to change colour, and farmers are harvesting. There's also a distinct nip in the air some mornings despite the heat of the day.
Same here! Raf is getting his winter long hairs under his jaw. We've already had one blackberry and apple crumble (and yes I had to buy apples because our apples are nowhere near ready). Every evening when I take the dog out I snack on blackberries, but you have to be brave because while you feast on the blackberries the midgies are feasting on you. OH can't stand it and I'm wondering whether there are so many blackberries because it's a particularly good year, or just because no-one except me is daft enough to get midged to death while they pick them.

@Bodshi we’ve got a huge blackberry bush at the side of our garden, I raid it every evening when I get back from the yard, they never quite make it into the house! They are very, very sweet this year too.

Reactions: Bodshi
Hate to break it to you, but mine started shedding a month ago. In her defence she's got a lot to shift, I don't brush now I just run the shedder over her and I am liking liking the furminator I treated myself, her to.

Having a cooking session this morning. Since being back at work more ive baked less. But weve run out of loaves in the freezer and no biccies left so im whipping up a loaf and melting moments. Really need to go shopping but in the meantime a fresh loaf will have to do.

Wish me luck on that one, the last couple of loaves havent been as good. Yeast was a bit out of date. Got some new yeast the other day. So far its looking promising. Will see what happens when i knock it back shortly. Just cooking last batch of biccies.

Im hungry now need some breakfast.

Reactions: MrA and Huggy
Having such a great week off work. An hour of pilates a day. Cycling or walking round my local green spaces first thing or in the evenings. Spending loads of time with my animals and Ale and Brodie. Doing jigsaws and reading. Don't tell anyone but I actually love not going away.

Having such a great week off work. An hour of pilates a day. Cycling or walking round my local green spaces first thing or in the evenings. Spending loads of time with my animals and Ale and Brodie. Doing jigsaws and reading. Don't tell anyone but I actually love not going away.
That's the thing. Why do we go for a break away from what we work so hard to have? :)

The daylight hours are definitely getting shorter now which will be affecting coat growth :(

It's pretty much dark by us by 9pm, whereas it only felt like a few weeks ago, I could still be out hacking at 9pm!

Wow its hot here.
Cars almost bumper to bumper and another village totally gridlocked.
People have nowhere to go, my guess is those who would go abroad are not and the attractions are not open /ticket only.

The cob enjoyed a shedding session, blade then furminator, great tool at the moment. (we do tend to break things though)

Her "please scratch here ' item arrived so will set that up tomorrow.

Lunch was pasta salad.

Finished work at lunchtime and where i was was a stones throw from lidl so donned a mask and went and did a big shop as the fridge was very bare. We had no bread left in the freezer. No snack food left in the cupboards either.

newrider.com